Bind On Equip
Date:25th October 2016
The podcast that will help you defeat the Legion.
Unless you want us to actually fight with you, in which case, you go on ahead, we’re just grabbing some milk from the shop and we’ll be right behind you…
In the BOE cave this time around we have
as always the Wych:
the lovely Tempeste:
also joining us Berat:
last but not least Kai:
If you’re new to Bind On Equip…..Welcome!
Music in our podcast comes with permission from Aussie artist Jimi Hocking. Check it out at www.jimihocking.com We also use Mevio’s Music Alley. At music.mevio.com
Drop us a line at BindonEquip@gmail.com and let us know what you think of the show, or what you’ve been up to. You can follow the podcast on twitter at “Bindonequip”, or each of us on “thewych” “tempeste” and “wemb”
Real life: home/work:
- Had an interesting encounter with a new company driver
- 2 new drivers let’s call them “the mouth” and “the boganator”
- So i’m out with both, have unloaded both and now need to load both
- I tell them which street to meet me at, the mouth says i’ll just meet you at the Shell. I say no at the street i said.
- The bogan then follows me to the street and as we go past Shell, there’s the mouth. So i say hey mouth, i said go to the street. He says no, just park in the paddock next to me.
- I say, i’ll be in the street.
- The bogan is following me so we go to the street, and i say, i’ll pull up on the left here, you pull up behind me, and the mouth will pull up in the middle of the street when he gets here.
- What if he doesn’t come? Says the bogan. Then we’ll be here a while, i say. He says why don’t you just put that one on me? I say because i said i’m putting it on the mouth. But what if the boss rings and say why are we taking so long. I say then i’ll tell him that i am waiting for the mouth and maybe he would like to ring him and ask why he hasn’t shown up. 30 seconds later the mouth showed up.
Another day, another disgusting shitty nappy to change – urgh
Getting busy as we not only prepare for the end of the year but also next year!
Not going to be allowed to order supplies again …
Kai: ANOTHER WEEKEND OF PREPARING TO MOVE 2 IND BINS OF GARDEN WASTE SO FAR i hate moving me too 🙂
- Renaming Speedy the ferret to Houdini due to her escape abilities
- Official Wych household day of mourning for the Million Dollar moggy – even the vet was sad….but probably for different reasons.
- Free of Suits! Real tv has begun again! Luke Cage is on the list for this week.
- Things you see on the train & how your mind wanders
Berat: I got to travel to Melbourne for a bit of training, so I got to catch up with Wemb and Temp and grab some dumplings, very nice. Plus there is no truth to the rumour about the mad lift murderer lurking in Melbourne.3
Our shownotes are available at www.BindOnEquip.com along with lots of cool stuff. If you would like to sponsor our show and help us with hosting costs etc there is a paypal donation link there. Listener donations keep us going and we really appreciate your help.
World of Warcraft’s Game Director Tom Chilton announced that he’s leaving the wow team to focus on another project with Blizzard. He did not provide more details.
Chilton’s began in 2004, when he was a senior game designer. Beforehand, he was a designer for the MMO Ultima Online. In his post he says, “It’s with a mix of excitement, sadness, and gratitude that I’m saying farewell to the WoW team”
He will be replaced by Ion Hazzikostas, who, Chilton said, has been “an integral part of the team for more than eight years and has contributed to so many aspects of the game’s development — from class design to encounter design and nearly everything in between”.
Hazzikostas, previously WoW’s lead game designer, was in charge of WoW’s raid and dungeon content. Previously, he was a criminal defence lawyer.
I think we can take responsibility for Ion’s rise to fame from our interview in 2014!
Wembli: what does this mean for the future?
- Puts the game in very safe hands
- He is crazy knowledgeable about the game
- Annoyingly committed to listening to all feedback- even dickheads
- The game will move back to the social strengths- less we do it all for you, more join together if you want to get into stuff, more things like personal initiative for harder content- mythic keys, get to the dungeon yourself, sign up for groups not group finder etc. the stuff people think they don’t want but which really makes an mmo great.
Patch 7.1 – Darkwater Skate
The Darkwater Skate is a new aquatic mount coming to the Darkmoon Faire in Patch 7.1. It is sold by Galissa Sundew, who uses Darkmoon Daggermaw as a currency.
Rockspine Basilisk is another one of the new mounts added in Patch 7.1. Currently the source of the mount is unknown.
New Adventures in the Broken Isles
- Your heroic efforts in Suramar will continue in Patch 7.1 with a new series of quests that unlock over a period of nine weeks, ultimately leading you to the very entrance of the Nighthold. You’ll delve into the story of the Nightfallen insurrection against the Nightborne and their Legion allies.
- If you follow the quest line to completion, you’ll be much closer to obtaining the wondrous new Arcanist’s Manasaber mount.
- Look for the quest “Lockdown” to get started.
- The ruler of Helheim is Helya, a deposed val’kyr queen who is determined to thwart the Valarjar in any way she can.
- Search Dalaran for the new quest, “A Call to Action”, to begin a quest line to discover the depth of Helya’s influence well beyond Tideskorn Harbor.
- Your primary goal will be to unlock new Helarjar World Quests. These will then appear for you all across the Broken Isles, so you can help put a stop to Helya’s infernal impact.
A New Invasion
- The coastline of the Broken Isles is under assault from an invasive, predatory species, and they’re breeding out of control!
- These new Falcosaurs drop Falcosaur Eggs and Falcosaur Feathers, reagents for new First Aid and Cooking recipes.
- Save an Orphaned Falcosaur pet to begin a journey toward understanding these hungry creatures. You might just earn a unique new mount along the way.
Bonus Roll Gold
We’re aware that it’s not a great feeling to receive a small amount of gold when a bonus roll doesn’t give loot. However, this system was added back in Mists of Pandaria and it was only designed to give either an item from the boss loot table, or gold as a consolation prize.
We’re looking into adding other sorts of consolation prizes, such as Artifact Power, in the future.
I would love artifact power, but other things equally good would be runes, flasks, potions.
Hidden Boss – Endgineer Omegaplugg
Nexeoes on Reddit discovered a hidden boss in Gnomeregan!
This boss is available to kill now! You will need a group.
Head to the last boss in Gnomeregan and kill him.
Go to the back of the pillar on the left side of the entrance as you enter the room and press the small button labeled PUSH ME!
Endgineer Omegaplugg will spawn, with 207 Million health.
He drops the Vial of Green Goo toy.
Karazhan – Mythic Dungeon
We will Return to Karazhan in Patch 7.1! An updated version of Karazhan with some new encounters has been added as a Mythic dungeon. Don’t worry though, the old version of Karazhan is sticking around so you can keep trying for Fiery Warhorse’s Reins.
- Attunement will primarily involve Mythic dungeon content. (Source)
- Master of the House and The Tower of Power are two new Karazhan quests.
- Loot ranges from item level 855 to 860, with 875 loot from the final boss.
- The Violet Seals have returned! They come in an item level 850, 855, 860, and 875 version. The 875 version has the Karazhan teleport.
- The chest items in Karazhan have a Chest Armor Bonus that interacts with
- There are two trinkets with effects that work together: Mrrgria’s Favor and Toe Knee’s Promise
- An updated version of Ruby Slippers has been added: Astonishingly Scarlet Slippers
- There is a new item set: Wine-Stained Mantle and Amulet of the Last Guardian
- Two new mounts come from Karazhan: Midnight’s Eternal Reins and Smoldering Ember Wyrm
- You can complete a quest line to acquire Moroes as a follower. He has the Dinner is Served ability.
- The Blazing Ember Signet toy drops from Nightbane.
Karazhan Exterior Updated
The Legion is invading the area of Deadwind Pass around Karazhan.
Classic Server Update
We’ve seen some talk among the community that you might be expecting to hear some news on legacy servers at BlizzCon, and we just wanted to take a moment to let you know that while we’re still discussing the possibility, we won’t have any updates to share on that until after the show.
These past few months we’ve been laser-focused on the launch of Legion and getting Patch 7.1: Return to Karazhan ready to go (it’s almost here!), as well as prepping for BlizzCon—which is always a huge undertaking itself. You’ve heard us say that the launch of Legion was just the beginning of the story we want to tell in this expansion. What we will focus on at BlizzCon is how the team is committed to making sure we bring you a steady stream of content going forward, and we can’t wait to share what’s next for Legion.
Thanks for your patience, and we’ll see you at BlizzCon.
-J. Allen Brack and the World of Warcraft development team
Berat: Interesting to see their statement, right on the heels of Nost threat to restart their private servers.
Anyone is welcome to join the Pants On Head guild unless we have booted you before for being a dick! Log into the Jubei’thos oceannic realm on the horde side and join the BOE channel. A friendly officer will quiz you and you will be rubbing shoulders with us before you know it!
Our guild & Raid team: Crazy Train?
Temp: CT is doing an awesome job, 3 bosses down in our first week. This week we quickly cleared the first 3 bosses and spent a night on Il’gynoth (old speech for arsehole). We are doing great dps during the heart phase, and but finding the second round of adds really difficult! If we could get to the 2nd heart phase – with enough peeps alive – we would have it and we are almost there. Another couple of upgrades for people this week will make all the difference.
- apparently straight after first raid, Kai had important business in hillsbrad foothills?
- Then on the friday night as we zoned in to do Il’gynoth i noticed a hostile warlock. Moused over..IT WAS KAI! Kill kai i shouted! We panel beat him real good. Later we got temp too.
So what have you been doing?
Temp: working on dailies with my mage and herbing and tailoring on my priest. Not a lot of in game play this last weekend, getting ready for Snowmageddon.
Wych: Dailies, World Quest, Collecting Resources, Collecting mana for crack heads, LFR & Random heroics. At 831 ilevel now so, slowly getting up to raid level
Berat: travelling, working, then I spent Saturday working my arse off to catch up on dailies and finished off the Nightfallen rep.
Kai: just more dailies opened up the 2 suramar dungeons and looking for a good time to go do them
(possible discussion points)
Where is your toon at?
Wembli: feeling like we’re at that stage where all the stuff has just gone beyond my grasp of keeping up with.
At the start of xpac you are focussing on a couple of things and thats where ive been ok. Then you add in more stuff and i lose it and start/stop all this different stuff but never focus or prioritise.
So i need to make a list of all the stuff i’m trying to do and then prioritise it. The regularly check that my priorities are the same before deciding what i tackle. Eg:
Weekly World boss
Daily World Quests Emissary/Gear
Mana for suramar quests
Class Hall Resources
Mats for raid food
Weekly quest ie timewalkers
Class Hall quest chain
Class Quest chain
Skins for Ah for cash
Mythics plus for gear
Wych: What he said!
Berat: I’ve begun to notice the power creep, even as a healer wandering about, I seem to be hitting a lot harder than I used to. Doing my four dailies every day, occasionally going for the fishing, bacon or other random daily. Haven’t done a mythic for ages.
Kai: ilvl 850 dps has shot up and starting to feel the love for the lock again
Oh yeah I hit 850 and I have started to play more fire to get used to the spec and see how it performs.
Wembli: levelling my druid for alchemy. 103 so far.
Berat: Hunter and Warrior to 110, and the druid is 106 after having done all the dungeon quests, fucking druids. Shammy is at 104
Kai: no time for the pali this week, i miss her
Temp: Priest is at 103. I think my warlock is next just for JC and gem chips.
Wembli: amazingly, on sunday Kai once again accepted temps kind offer of a one way terminal velocity trip to the dalaran crater. The fun never ends.
Berat: The current state of the Suramar quest lines has me hanging out for the next steps.
Kai: busted by temp questioning someone in trade chats mother’s life choices
- ive found something worse than kais class hall being full of warlocks.
- The druid class hall was designed by druids.
- If you thought the night elf starting area was bland, it was fucking cirque de solei compared to this.
- Green green green as far as the eye can see, with highlights of jade and emerald.
- I’m thinking of bringing nomi in to cook something there so there is some black to set it off a bit.
- I can’t find anything. I will never do anything with my druid because i can’t bring myself to care enough about the class hall to learn where anything is.
- In closing….I think wych said it best, so i will simply quote him:
Berat: Really having problems bothering to finish off the class quest stuff on my alts at the moment, still have too much to do.
What have you discovered?
Berut: At some point in the last two weeks, I rediscovered most of the withered training area, for some reason I was going into the boss room and not noticing the open bit on the left.
Memorable pvp moments?
Kai: Had a lvl 103 mage attack me in Aszuna : that was silly
Class Hall stuff?
Time for a game before we go…
BOE WOW SMACKDOWN!
The team’s next challenge is to find you the coolest zone in all of wow! We’re leaving Legion out because we haven’t had time to get to know them properly.
Using a knockout format this time, zones will go head to head until only one is left!
- halls of stone
- Halls of lightning
- Quest where you leap from drake to drake fighting dudes?
- Village where you disguise as a Viking woman in the caverns and do some cool quests and fight, ride bears etc
- Thorium brotherhood
- Cauldron mine operation
- Slag pit in middle
- Entrance to blackrock mountain
Bind On Equip
Wiki Super Challenge!!
- I’m a place, a person, a piece of loot, an event or even an expansion. What am i?
- I’ll give 6 clues ranging in difficulty from Legendary, Epic, Rare, Uncommon, Common to Trash.
- You get one guess for each clue, using your name as a buzzer. Then i invite you to answer and if you are right you win, scoring the amount of points that clue was worth.
- If multiple people answer i will ask them in turn.
- if you say two answers or say an answer instead of your name to buzz in, you are giving other people clues.
- All facts come from wow-wiki, so….y’know…
Shouts or Sledges before we go?
Shout out to bolan the marked : best reference ever
Any nominations for the working title of this episode?
Fucking Druids my vote 🙂
What happens in the lift, stays in the lift.
Goodness, is that the time? It’s the end of another podcast! Thanks for sticking with us.
This podcast doesn’t work without our awesome listeners, so get involved! Tell us what you think of Legion and what you are doing!
Thanks as always to Berat and Kai for joining us!
Until next time, I’m Tempeste