Bind On Equip
Date:20th sept 2014
Are we all recording?
If you are new to Bind on Equip….Welcome.
If you’re not sure what’s going on, don’t look at us, we were hoping you knew. We are a wow podcast, where we talk about us as wow players and how we play the game.
and now as Warlords draws ever closer come on a journey with us inside the game as we reminisce about the old days as BOE takes you both ways in the snow!
Yes we’ve assembled a team that Lindsay lohan described as a shambolic mess, and we are working through the instances old school Vanilla wow style:no heirlooms, teleporting, instaqueues, riding before 40, flying before 70, or flying in Northrend with the twist of using the newest class to the game, Monks!
In the house this time around we have
as always the Wych and the lovely Tempeste,
and joining us Berat, Zooe and Kai.
How are we guys?
So last week we did…zul furrak
On the grill this week, we are working through…sunken temple with wemb healing wych!
lets go over the news thats caught our attention:
Our shownotes are available at www.BindOnEquip.com along with lots of cool stuff. If you would like to sponsor our show and help us with hosting costs etc there is a paypal donation link there. Listener donations keep us going and we really appreciate your help.
News, Observations, Opinion & Discussion topics:
Patch 6.0.2 PTR Notes – Sep 18 Update
- You won’t need to have the legendary cloak to jump across to Ordon, or get loot from him.
- If you haven’t started the legendary cloak questline by 6.0.2 you won’t be able to.
- at Wod launch the cloak questline will be wiped from the game, the cloak will no longer be obtainable, and any in-progress quests will be cleared from your quest log.
- Characters will continue to be able to repurchase rewards they’ve already obtained (such as the epic cloak and Legendary metagem) from the quest line.
- A Test of Valor has been removed. Players on Wrathion’s Legendary quest line will now skip ahead to the next step.Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
- Siege of Orgrimmar achievements will be relabeled according to the new difficulty structure (e.g. “Heroic: Malkorok” will now be “Mythic: Malkorok”). Credit for these achievements will be retroactively awarded to players who earned them prior to Patch 6.0.2.Battlegrounds and Arenas
- PvP Season 15 comes to an end with the launch of Patch 6.0.2. (Date has not been determined yet.)
- Conquest Points will be converted into Honor Points, and any Honor above the cap of 4,000 will be converted into in-game currency at a rate of 35 silver per point.
- Season 15 items will have Conquest costs converted into Honor Points equivalent to their previous Conquest Point cost, with the exception of any items that have a rating requirement.
Season 15 items with rating requirements will no longer be available for purchase.Items
- Vendors who sell PvE Heirloom items for Justice Points have taken a vacation. PvE Heirlooms will continue to be available at the Darkmoon Faire and Trial of the Crusader, and PvP Heirlooms will still be able to be purchased for Honor.
- Shield and off-hand Heirloom items will be added to PvE Heirloom vendors at the Darkmoon Faire.Mount Journal
- Grand Expedition Yak’s reforge vendor (Mystic Birdhat) has been replaced with a vendor that offers transmogrification services.
“It definitely isn’t an arbitrary decision, this Legendary has been a reward for following along with the content of Mists of Pandaria. We want it to remain as a way to show you followed the content, and be a permenent recognition of your character’s time and experience in this expansion. We intend to, and have plans to be, more consistent about how we treat these kinds of things going forward. I think the most concern is stemming from this seeming to be out of left field with no consistency to a ruleset for how we treat items (e.g. arbitrary). The Legendary ring in Warlords, for example, is another item that’ll be obtained and upgraded throughout the expansion’s content, and should be expected to also be available as an “I was there.” recognition for completing the content of the expansion, and no longer available when the expansion ends. That doesn’t, however, preclude us from introducing other types of items, like Legendary, similar to past Heroic (Mythic) items that would continue to be available, depending on its intent and how it’s acquired.
Not intending at all to undermine any concerns, because I do think it’s very valid to ask why and receive an honest answer, but to quote your post:
Why punish players who dont subscribe every month?
And answer a question with a question: Why not reward players who subscribe every month?”
WE FRIGGIN LOVE YOU BASHIOK!!!!
Wemb: I have a general comment about the shit house display of humanity on the wow forums regarding the expansion and changes to classes. Your shortsightedness simply astounds me. We have developers who are doing their best to entice new players and shore up the remaining ones and you seem to think its a sport to bash them and strut about on the internet like you know everything. Well guess what? They are the rock stars, not you. They are pointing to a scoreboard that has never been surpassed in mmo’s and they are managing a longevity that has never been dreamed of before. So I am happy to wait and see what the come up with. When I saw a forum post today that said ” I don’t even play a warrior. But I’m thinking of unsubbing because of what they are doing with warriors” I knew which side of the forum fence the fuctards are truly on.
Music in our podcast comes with permission from Aussie artist Jimi Hocking. Check it out at www.jimihocking.com We also use Mevio’s Music Alley. At music.mevio.com
Drop us a line at BindonEquip@gmail.com and let us know what you think of the show, or what you’ve been up to. You can follow the podcast on twitter at “Bindonequip”, or each of us on “thewych” “tempeste” and “wemb”
was pleased to hear Berat likes studded leather to go with his voice..
has never heard the term “paralyse the banshee” but hes interested
wants a fleet footed or similar title for berat
loved my “Try before you cry” call
thought Sarah “releasing so often” comment needed a chafing warning.
was waiting for the gkick when Berat and I expressed disbelief that Temp could be silenced.
thought a clever AI upgrade was adapting to Berat when he got rooted in place
Thought i was referring to Amy Pond when i said i had a red head that needed attention
enjoyed my happy fathers day call when temp said come outside and i’ll give you a mount
when i said been pulling since 13 said theres that chafing again
Work-on hols for three days- hooray!
- tues- chat to mal about trip to work, things and ppl you see
- we both see num plate NIJJER on the way in
- if hes white, all wrong, if hes a brother, all good
- wed- on way in realise im behind mal on freeway
- take next exit to try and roll him
- miss lights, who should we see!
- what followed was a french connection style chase through traffic as we try to determine his racial profile
- thurs i start at 5, 6:15 on other side of town, phone rings
- tinted windows, go forward look back- maybe drove so fast because thought elaborate car jack gang.
Home-Angy’s birthday weds big teenager.
Noticed on skype tonight Steve Hamners comment ” on the phone, pls call when this message is gone.” 10 months ago. Helluva bill!
shout out to our friend Rho who is going through a rough time.
If you’re not in-game get in there!
Anyone is welcome to join the Pants On Head guild unless we have booted you before for being a dick! Log into the Jubei’thos oceannic realm on the horde side and join the BOE channel. A friendly officer will quiz you and you will be rubbing shoulders with us before you know it!
Let’s talk this dungeon:
What feelings/memories does coming in here conjure up?
Wemb: this was the best 5 man in wow by a country mile. Dragons, a story, personality, complexity, again- we know i love the troll gear
Do you like this one? Pros/cons?
Wemb: its fine, a simple straight forward non linear romp.
How does it stand up in its current state?
Wemb: ruined, compared to what it was.
Our Raid team: Crazy Train?
Any developments on your toons? Wempossible?
Wemb: played my hunter warlock and Mage this week just together back in touch with them.. I had not idea but a lot of fun
Wemb: Did two bg’s with temp Zooe and Kai on my dk today. Won both and had some fun. Tried to get a dps spec. But both frost and unholy have loads do stuff missing from them at level 62.
Wemb: Every time i try to get into the beta by the time I get everything set up I’m worn out and can’t be buggered.
Now we roll off for next week- highest tanks, lowest heals, middle lives to laugh at the other two.
We have come to the end of another podcast! Thanks for sticking with us.
Leave us a review on Itunes to help keep our profile ticking along, and make sure to mail/tweet us so we can thank you!
Next week we return to take on…black rock depths
Thanks as always to Berat Zooe and Kai for joining us!
Until next time, I’m Wembli