Bind On Equip
Date:25th july 2015
The podcast about World of Warcraft the way we see it and play it.
We don’t theorycraft, we don’t min-max, we don’t talk down to you.
We will share a laugh, our experiences in and out of the game, and talk about the news we think is interesting.
If you are new to Bind on Equip….Welcome, and strap in..
- Our current in-game adventures centre around a pvp project which you the listener are encouraged to join in..
- We have a guild of all female gnomes with pony or pigtails on Jubei’thos.
- the guild is called Pigtail Mafia
- We will be running battlegrounds on them every weekend and recording the hi jinx for your listening delight
- to get onboard, roll a female gnome on Jubei’thos or gundrak, join BoE channel and ask for an invite.
In the BOE cave this time around we have
as always the Wych and the lovely Tempeste,
and joining us Berat, Zooe and Kai.
So where are these gnomes at?
lets go over the news thats caught our attention:
Our shownotes are available at www.BindOnEquip.com along with lots of cool stuff. If you would like to sponsor our show and help us with hosting costs etc there is a paypal donation link there. Listener donations keep us going and we really appreciate your help.
News, Observations, Opinion & Discussion topics:
—The Grand Tournament, Hearthstone’s second expansion, is coming out in August.
- 132 New Cards all-new spells, weapons, and Champions.
- Hearthstone’s new “minion keyword” – Inspire – activates after your Hero Power is used. Utilizing your Hero Power while a minion with Inspire is on the board will result in one of any number of effects,
- Grand Tournament card packs will be available in the in-game Shop at launch for either gold or real money at the same price as all the other Hearthstone card packs.
- Grand Tournament cards will be included in the Arena on launch day, even if not in your personal collection.
- a new themed gameboard.
- After launch the Arena will no longer award players only Goblins vs Gnomes card packs. Instead, players will have a chance to receive a Grand Tournament card pack, Goblins vs Gnomes card pack, or a Classic card pack whenever a pack is awarded.
- Starting next week, players will be able to pre-purchase a bundle of 50 Grand Tournament card packs for $49.99. In addition to 50 Grand Tournament card packs ready to open upon launch, the bundle also includes a new card back!
Armory Stats – Shipyard Achievements
based on 1.8 million accounts that had a char active after june 15, 2015.
- level 1 shipyard 76%
- level 2 shipyard 49%
- level 3 shipyard 11%
- 50 missions 29%
- 25 treasure missions 12%
- all ships epic quality 3%
- upcoming patch, feature that allows you to act as a mercenary for the opposite faction in PvP.
- Whenever your faction is experiencing a long wait time to get into Ashran or unrated Battlegrounds, agents of the enemy faction will appear in your base in Ashran.
- These agents will allow you to enter Ashran or Battlegrounds disguised as an enemy player, and actually fight as the opposite faction.
- you’ll still earn all the same rewards you would have by winning or losing as your own faction (with the exception of faction-specific achievements).
- You’ll have your race automatically changed into one appropriate for the opposite faction while you’re still inside the Battleground or Ashran.
- goal is to allow players to avoid long queues, while maintaining the spirit of the core Alliance vs Horde fantasy.
- testing will begin soon on the Public Test Realm
I’ve been thinking about all the shit Blizz are getting for how boring this expansion apparently is, and trying to compare what was available in Mop that isn’t here.
The only thing i can come up with is that without Valor there isn’t the incentive to redo a lot of the stuff that we have.
- heroics are pointless once you outgear them, which means that levelling players stop doing them because there arent enough people
- only thing i can think that is missing is scenarios, but surely that is covered by garrison missions?
- there are tons of dailies and new stuff to do
- I actually think that players are so bogged down by garrison chores that they are overwhelmed, trapped in the mundane and not able to do all the other stuff.
So, as always, I’m ready to throw myself on the grenade for the listeners..
From this podcast to the next, i will do zero garrison chores, no missions, mines, flower picking, disenchanting or shipyard stuff, i will explore what the game has to offer, keep a diary of my MOP in Draenor experience and report back next show.
Music in our podcast comes with permission from Aussie artist Jimi Hocking. Check it out at www.jimihocking.com We also use Mevio’s Music Alley. At music.mevio.com
Drop us a line at BindonEquip@gmail.com and let us know what you think of the show, or what you’ve been up to. You can follow the podcast on twitter at “Bindonequip”, or each of us on “thewych” “tempeste” and “wemb”
- work on the truck- everything but what i need
- got to drive the ol rocket, no clutch required
- Tiny girl driving a super b
- Angs Bed
- gearing up for Deddy’s 18th
- the great Bin day
- Buddhify app: I’ll never hear the end of it.
- was talking to Act today and he was saying he and the delightful Heidi are doing Christmas in July tonight. (i stopped short of recommending the mistletoe beltbuckle cos i think Heidi already thinks i’m a perv) I mentioned that i tried to get Chinese New Year in July across the line but it got no traction. We also commented on the lack of morning glory action when you have 3 kids and it reminded me of the guy i worked with who had a name for every time of day you could get some action. I think it went: Dawnbuster, Morning Glory, English Breakfast, Bruncher, Nooner, Matinee, Afternoon Delight, Pension Special, Dinner and show, Prime Time, Late Show, Midnight Special, and the Grave Shift.
If you’re not in-game get in there!
Anyone is welcome to join the Pants On Head guild unless we have booted you before for being a dick! Log into the Jubei’thos oceannic realm on the horde side and join the BOE channel. A friendly officer will quiz you and you will be rubbing shoulders with us before you know it!
Our guild & Raid team: Crazy Train?
Wembley: first foray into the citadel. Not bad!
What has been your focus in the last week/what are you working on?
Wembley: got the hunter to 100 since we last spoke. Working on the warlock now and plan to level the pally and priest through pugs. Negotiating a deal for the Mage.
Also put healbot back on and am planning some pugs with my priest to charge to 100!
This is where we pick a particularly “special” post from forums, and discuss its merits, or lack of..
What is it about about Draenei that’s so overtly sexual? Is it the Pure Uncorrupted Succubus angle? Is it the Star Trek Lusty-the-green-alien-women aesthetic? Maybe it’s sense of attraction to something as exotic as a blue woman with an eastern european accent.
Whatever the case may be, I think we can all agree that having a draenei is a must.
Dude. Bro. Champ. It’s a fantasy game. It’s a blue alien who is half goat with a tail. Please. Get help.
The Oprah Report
Time for Wemb to bring us up to date on the exciting adventures of OprahWinfury, the battleground healing shammy, and see how he is going with the 5 targets he is trying to meet.
- BG healed for this level?
- Dungeon healed for this level?
- current zone quested?(swap continent each new zone)
- Pet captured for this level?
- Engineering skill (5 times player level)?
We have come to the end of another podcast! Thanks for sticking with us.
Let us know what you think of the show and any changes you’d like to see!
Thanks as always to Berat Zooe and Kai for joining us!
Until next time, I’m Wembli