Bind On Equip
Date:24th October 2015
The podcast about World of Warcraft the way we see it and play it.
We don’t theorycraft, we don’t min-max, we don’t talk down to you.
We will share a laugh, our experiences in and out of the game, and talk about the news we think is interesting.
If you are new to Bind on Equip….Welcome, and strap in..
- We currently have a couple of ingame projects on the boil..
- We have a guild of all female gnomes with pigtails on Jubei’thos, called Pigtail Mafia
- We run battlegrounds with them on Saturdays at 11am server
- to get onboard, roll a female gnome on Jubei’thos or gundrak, join BoE channel and ask for an invite.
- We have also started Lazy Raiding in our guild Pants on Head on Sundays also at 11am server, its for Alts and noobs in our guild and we are now running Blackrock Foundry normal for laffs. Sort of like LFR, but in our version instead of abuse we give you a cuddle!
- to get in on that you’ll have to listen carefully for Tempeste’s beautifully recorded bumper in her section on how to join the guild.
In the BOE cave this time around we have
as always the Wych and the lovely Tempeste,
and joining us Berat, Zooe and Kai.
Before we move fully into the show we want to dedicate this one to out mate Snowdog who is going through a challenging time
I’m gonna kick things off, cos it’s all about me!
- dropping like flies at work as another driver got done for drink driving and is in doubt to keep his truck at the company,
- another handed in his resignation because he asked for holidays and was given verbal approval, then bought 5k worth of airline tickets but then when he handed the leave forms in it was revealed that half his leave was unpaid which the company don’t approve of,
- another new driver did some remodelling on his truck down at the wharf when he exited the loading pad and tried to turn- fuel tank and wheel guard versus steel bollard proved something of an uneven contest. He also finished up that week.
- also the driver who i have been covering for mysteriously got another 6 month ban added to his two month existing licence ban, so he is gone and i now have his job and truck which is bittersweet as its more money and i enjoy the work, but i get very little time to watch tv now, and the early starts are very draining, so i’m going to have to do some lifestyle readjustments
- at home we watched Deddy do his year twelve drama solo performance this week where he stood head and shoulders above the rest in my biased opinion.
- also hoping to put the pool up soon
- also have a community service announcement for our Guildy Toriyas partner…that a podcast is like a really specific radio show that gets recorded and put on the Apple Istore for you to download free of charge and listen too from your mobile device of choice at your leisure. With World of Warcraft, think of a guild as being sort of like a basketball club, but you are playing wow not basketball. so you go there (log in) sometimes you train, you might improve your skills with some daily drills etc, sometimes you might just go to talk with your friends, and sometimes you might be on a team that meets at a set time to play a proper game, which would be a raid. And the guild leaders are the administrators of that club.
lets hit the news thats caught our attention:
Our shownotes are available at www.BindOnEquip.com along with lots of cool stuff. If you would like to sponsor our show and help us with hosting costs etc there is a paypal donation link there. Listener donations keep us going and we really appreciate your help.
News, Observations, Opinion & Discussion topics:
Patch 6.2.3 Preview
- Patch 6.2.3 will be making its way onto our machines soon (trademark activision/blizzard gaming all rights reserved)
- As mentioned at Gamescom the devs realise they lost focus on dungeons in Warlords and plan to bring them back to the fore in Legion which will be fleshed out more at Blizzcon
- The exciting news for now, is that heading up a raft of exciting features of this patch is the triumphant return of VALOR!!!!!
- To upgrade, visit your friendly neighborhood ethereal to upgrade gear up to five item levels at a time, up to two times per piece of gear.
- Mythic dungeons will be the most lucrative source of Valor for players who have items from Tanaan or Hellfire Citadel.
- Raid Finder wings and the first Heroic dungeon each day will also provide Valor, as will most of Seer Kazal’s weekly event quests. Dude next to gr?
- Ethereal Voidbinders will be in Stormshield and Warspear, as well as Orgrimmar and Stormwind, to allow players to use this Valor to upgrade their gear by up to 10 item levels. Wemb: worth getting back into dungeons?
- They went with item upgrades rather than a Valor vendor because upgrades complement existing gear rather than competing with it.
New Timewalking Dungeons
- six iconic dungeons from Cataclysm will be added!
- Grim Batol, Stonecore, Lost City of Tol’vir, The Vortex Pinnacle, Throne of Tides, and End Time Wemb: excited to do those dungeons again?
- also be adding the Pit of Saron to the Wrath of the Lich KingTimewalking event, and the Magister’s Terrace to the Burning Crusade Timewalking bonus event.
- Players will now have a chance to loot a rare Infinite Timereaver mount from any Timewalking boss.
Wemb: what vanilla dungeons would you most want to see included as time walkers?
- This patch will also bring Cross-Realm Mythic Raiding
Gift of the Grove Warden
- For a limited time, defeating Archimonde on Heroic difficulty or higher will reward players with a mysterious fragment of dark power that begins a quest.
- you bring this fragment to the druids of Moonglade, you’ll learn a little more about what’s in store for Azeroth, and the druids will give you a majestic Grove Warden mount in thanks for your efforts.
- This quest won’t be available forever—our current plan is to retire the quest in an update some time before Legion’s launch, so grab some friends and head to Hellfire Citadel while you can.
- Wemb: are you guys for or against rewards being taken off the table after a certain time?
More Bigger Better: Item Rewards
- expanding the range of item quality for players within Mythic Dungeons and Tanaan Jungle.
- Mythic Dungeons will have a chance to gain items up to item level 725, and players who receive Baleful items will now have a chance to gain items up to item level 695. Wemb: do we like random chance upgrades?
- Players in Mythic Dungeons will also now have a chance to loot a new Heirloom Trinket that will scale to level 110.
BlizzCon 2015 In-Game Goodies:
World of Warcraft – Murkidan Pet
Heroes of the Storm – Nexus Battle Beast Mount
Hearthstone – Blizzard 2015 Card Back
StarCraft II – Xel’Naga and Spear of Adun Portraits
Diablo III – Pennant, Pet, and Portrait.
Fan Art – Everybody wants to Rule the World of Warcraft
Someone put together a nice combination of the World of Warcaft cinematics with the Lorde version of “Everybody Wants To Rule The World”
Hellfire Citadel Changes
- Removing mechanics from Normal
- going from Normal to Heroic now introduces some additional mechanics, just as going from Heroic to Mythic always has.
- additional depth to the experience of learning a boss on a higher difficulty, rather than just having the same encounter with larger numbers.
- gap between Normal and Heroic comparable to the gap between Heroic and Mythic, – hasn’t been the case.
three distinct types of groups that participate in organized raiding:
Friends and Family groups:Raiding guilds:Hardcore raiding guilds: Wemb:is it that simple?
Let’s move into wych’s lair..
Work- Scooter chick
Home- The worgen gets some attention
Soundboard:Real life intro
Music in our podcast comes with permission from Aussie artist Jimi Hocking. Check it out at www.jimihocking.com We also use Mevio’s Music Alley. At music.mevio.com
Drop us a line at BindonEquip@gmail.com and let us know what you think of the show, or what you’ve been up to. You can follow the podcast on twitter at “Bindonequip”, or each of us on “thewych” “tempeste” and “wemb”
Hi you gorgeous people,
Well here I am in the cold damp UK (10 degrees), to think this time last week it was 36 in the day and 20 at night. I have decided that so long as it is dry I don’t mind the cold but I prefer the heat.
I have been in Botswana and Mozambique. Botswana was wonderful and saw so many things (see attached) leopards amongst other things. The second section in Mozambique was really good other than the fact that they lost my baggage, luckily I had some clothes in Claire’s bags and we can share some things (we are not quite the same shape). Claire compares it to putting 2 pints into a pint cup.
In WoW I now only need 50 Runes left for this stage of the legendary ring, I know there is more to do but I feel good about it. i’m iLvl 687 and slowly getting there, Claire is at 650 and I laugh each time I 10 the DPS rankings.
anyway love to you all
Greeting’s and salutation’s BOE .
It’s your friendly neighborhood Badger here. I know I haven’t been in game for quite a while and our illustrious Guild Skinner whoops I mean leader has probably dropped me from Guild already. I’m afraid I wont be around for a little while longer yet. Work went crazy busy on me and now I have a new roll on top of it which means even less arse scratching time. Forget hallway sex. My beautiful wife and I are having to resort to note-pad sex where we just get to leave dirty messages to each other. Keep up the good work with the podcast at least I can listen to it as I drive back and forth.
All the best folk’s.
Thought I’d share a quick comment on dungeons in WOD. The daily reward is garrison resources (which is increased by the bonus bag for tanks/heals). This reward mechanism could work except that resources are not constrained as you get 500 every threeish days at your cache. If, on the other hand, they tweaked the amount needed for missions, reduced the cache accrual rate, or did something that caused you to consistently need more resources they could drive you to run dungeons, trade mats for resources at the trading post, or go out into the world to get lumber. I think the ease of getting garrison resources caused problems. A player would have to go something to supplement their resource income in the same way we need to run Tanaan dailies from time to time to get oil for the ship missions.
Patch 6.2.2 – Terky
Patch 6.2.2 changed Terky to be obtainable from White Murloc Egg. Up until now, the egg was only for a promotion in Asia (Redeem iCoke Prize Voucher). A user on Reddit claims to have found it a few weeks ago, and thanks to some EU forum posters we have the location!
You can grab the Terky by going to Riplash Ruins in Borean Tundra, heading down into an underwater passage into a cave, and exiting into an underwater cave that has the egg. Be sure to use the Magic Pet Mirror and with Terky for some extra fun!
Now let’s get ingame with Tempeste..
Work- Working crazy hours. Offered the job of my choice – good.
The other teacher has taken a redundancy – so hoping to be offered that role! Crazy events at work this week that I can’t talk about too much other than to say it involved a parent chanting while holding aloft her child to the gods and howling ala scenes from an overseas war zone.
Home- Prepping for Deddy’s exams and coming to terms with the fact that he has finished secondary school, all but his exams. Gearing up to get our puppy soon, took Millie and Jinx to the vet for immunisations. Millie was a nut job, Jinx was very well behaved, apart from being scared to come out of the box, I had just shoved her into … She even had her claws clipped and no issues at all.
Upgraded to El Capitan and WoW and El Capitan do not get along so much – so now I am living with random dcs … a lot.
Anyone is welcome to join the Pants On Head guild unless we have booted you before for being a dick! Log into the Jubei’thos oceannic realm on the horde side and join the BOE channel. A friendly officer will quiz you and you will be rubbing shoulders with us before you know it!
Our guild & Raid team: Crazy Train?
We raided this week and managed to get Blackhand down to below 10% – it was SO close. This week Mattie resigned from the raid group while he takes a break from WoW (I hope he didn’t go to Wildstar).
What has been your focus in the last week/what are you working on?
Temp: Just getting through the garrison stuff this week, between long hours, kids and wemb – I feel like I hardly played. Cash status.
Wemb: I’ve been heavily investing in infrastructure across all of my toons. Trying to get every building to level 3. But it’s costing a shitload of cash!
We have come to the end of another podcast! Thanks for sticking with us.
Let us know what you think of the show and any changes you’d like to see!
Thanks as always to Berat Zooe and Kai for joining us!
Until next time, I’m Tempeste