Bind On Equip
Date:14th Sept 2014
If you are new to Bind on Equip….Welcome.
If you’re confused about what is going on, don’t expect it to change anytime soon. We are a wow podcast, where we talk about us as wow players and how we play the game.
and now as the sand runs out of the Pandaria hourglass, we invite you inside the game with us as we reminisce about the good and bad old days as BOE takes you both ways in the snow!
Yes we’ve assembled a highly questionable team that the Washington Generals once described as easybeats and we are working through the instances old school Vanilla wow style:no heirlooms, teleporting, instaqueues, riding before 40, flying before 70, or flying in Northrend with the twist of using the newest class to the game, Monks!
In the house this time around we have
as always the Wych and the lovely Tempeste,
and joining us Berat, Zooe and Kai.
How are we guys?
So last week we did…strat dead
On the grill this week, we are working through…Zul furrak. Temp healing Kai.
lets go over the news thats caught our attention:
Our shownotes are available at www.BindOnEquip.com along with lots of cool stuff. If you would like to sponsor our show and help us with hosting costs etc there is a paypal donation link there. Listener donations keep us going and we really appreciate your help.
News, Observations, Opinion & Discussion topics:
Isaak from Onineko, the guild we’ve become buddies with, hit us up to tell us about the anniversary celebrations their guild has going on.
- Onineko has been around and active for nine years in World of Warcraft.
- They classify themselves somewhere in between hardcore and casual. raiding three times per week for three hours,
- They have at times been hardcore and casual and feel theyve settled into a middle ground where they have both progression and fun.
- They have a very successful 25M Heroic raiding team as well as a significant social side where players of all levels, gear and skills can meet and play together.
- for WoD goes, they plan to maintain their current pace and
beliefs, offering avenues for players of all kinds into either a
hardcore Mythic team or a casual/semi-casual normal/heroic team
- For their 9th anniversary, they’ve concocted a bunch of games and activities winding down the last days of this expansion while building up towards the new one.
o A scavenger hunt – collect a list of grey items from various
mobs across Azeroth and deliver them to the “quest giver”. This
one in particular has been great as one of the items on the list
is a [Twill Cover] a grey cloth helm from level 60 vanilla days
which has been surprisingly difficult to track down for a number
of our participants.
o The Scouting game – One of our Officers has taken screenshots of
herself in various locations around Azeroth, some are obvious,
some significantly less so. The winner is the first to correctly
guess all eight locations.
o Guild “cheevo” night – Just a simple “get missing guild
achievements” set of runs. We’ll start by targeting older raids
and work up to the newer ones.
o “Drop Bears” – Fly to the top of the world, dismount and…drop!
Closest player to the markers is the winner!
o PvP free for all – What better way to forge lasting friendships
than by beating the living crap out of your fellow
guildmates? Vanilla players will remember the old Gurubashi
chest drop that occurs every few hours, we’ll be taking whoever
is keen (and maybe some who aren’t) into the arena to duel it
out until the chest is opened.
o For the Horde! – We’ll be shooting for the achievement here with
o Onineko riddles – We’ve put together a series of riddles that
point to locations across Azeroth, the first one will be
released publicly on our forum, but in order to complete the
challenge and achieve riddle supremacy, you’ll need to solve
each riddle in turn and await your prize at the end.
o Running of the Bulls – This is our most anticipated event, we’re
going to have all our players roll level one Tauren and embark
on an epic quest fraught with danger, drama and romance as the
herd migrates from Mulgore to the Cathedral in Stormwind. There
can be only one cow champion.
o Finally. every player who participates in an event will receive
a ticket entry into our grand prize raffle. You can only receive
one ticket per event, but there’s no restrictions on how many
events you may participate in. At the end of the month, the
raffle will be drawn and the winner will receive a pretty
fabulous mystery grand prize.
Preparing to Launch Warlords of Draenor & Celebrate 10 Years of World of Warcraft
The 10-year anniversary celebration begins
- Friday, November 21 until Tuesday, January 6, 2015 at 10 a.m. PST.
- Everyone who logs in during this time period will receive the Molten Corgi pet
- Molten Core, will be available in Raid Finder during the anniversary period for level 100 players.
- defeating Ragnaros will reward players with a Core Hound mount and a Warlords of Draenor Raid Finder–quality helm (100% guaranteed!).
- the Team Deathmatch–style Battleground between Southshore and Tarren Mill. Will have two different brackets for players to take part in: one for levels 90–99 characters and another for level 100.
- A win will gain you a shiny new title: either Tarren Mill Terror for the Alliance or Southshore Slayer for the Horde.
- With the release of Warlords of Draenor, all unrated PvP Battlegrounds, Skirmishes, and other unrated PvP activities will be available immediately.
- The new rated season will begin Tuesday, December 2 at 8 a.m. PST.
- The first Raid dungeon, Highmaul, in Normal and Heroic modes will open at the same time (December 2)
- Raid Finder and Mythic modes open the following week.
Latest beta build-
You can now change your face for a ~32 fee when visiting the barber! This will be going live, but we don’t have all of the details yet.
Music in our podcast comes with permission from Aussie artist Jimi Hocking. Check it out at www.jimihocking.com We also use Mevio’s Music Alley. At music.mevio.com
Drop us a line at BindonEquip@gmail.com and let us know what you think of the show, or what you’ve been up to. You can follow the podcast on twitter at “Bindonequip”, or each of us on “thewych” “tempeste” and “wemb”
Christie from Liquid WoW,
- gave a presentation on podcasting at a con last month
- talked aboutBindOnEquip
- may have mentioned that you can’t name your show “We Got Sh!t To Say”
- did hold you up as an example that you don’t need to spend thousands on equipment, etc. to have a good show. What counts is talent and hard work.
lfr, normal & heroic in warlords will have 10 to 30 players, not 25. So kara has no room for 30 ppl.
- @kaiynn back to the “both ways in the snow…..dog!”
- @TheWych “pre-puckered”
Like pre-potting with more chair grippage…..
is quite an image!
- “going off like a frog in a sock”-a phrase I am fairly sure I haven’t heard before…..
- @wemb @tempeste “all you could see was your shaft sticking out the top”-sounds painful!
- rest assured I laughed at the ultravox comment mate!
- @TheWych level 100 zones like timeless isle “does it come with prebuilt fucktards?” Epic!
- “why are you alive Kai?” as a general statement!”
I got lightheaded from laughing so much!
- Driving earlier and someone’s driving made me call them a “Douche Canoe” in a Deckard Cain voice, I blame @BindOnEquip and @wemb especially
- when I realised what I had done I was too busy laughing to care about the bad driving
Raj- happens a minimum of 3x/wk for me. It’s therapeutic!
Turwinkle- Hahaha! Indeed! It has been awhile since I heard that on the show but it comes back immediately to mind!
Benny Hill music had him laughing out loud at work, and gained a good number of weird looks.
Recording ep 234 – there have been a number of wipes
We’re sorry … @awayfromlife
Replied- Well, it is the city of the dead.. When in Rome as they say.. I had a blast though, thanks for the invite.
LOVING the ‘touch’ sound bytes, but I confessed, he missed the initial appearance! Please explain
Wemb:I didn’t miss the irony of you confessing to us…
Explained it’s referring to the monks spell ‘touch of death’, everytime someone uses it.
nearly another car accident – Benny hill moment and rats – pure gold
You should have seen it!!!!
Work- 6 weeks left of uni, one week left of placement, 6 assignments and I am finished and will have a graduate diploma (which is equivalent to a bachelor) degree.
Home- 4 weeks of placement is starting to take its toll on how the house looks. I literally come home and lay on the couch and hope to stay awake until bed time!
Work-action aplenty at work…
long story short..
- the greek and his wife doing ivf
- johhny 2punch on the cb offers to take the greeks wife home and do the job for him
- the greek gets very upset by this, tells 2punch he is a dog amongst other trucking terms of endearment
- this goes on for 2 weeks slowly simmering and escalating
- last wednesday 2punch is talking on the cb to another driver who says some company drivers (read the greek) have been sent home
- you mean company sucks says 2punch
- the greek hears this and says who are you calling a suck you little dog, and goes on to add that he is sure that 2punch is suffering a special brand of short man syndrome that mainly manifests itself on tuesdays
- 2punch goes silent, but makes the bizarre decision to tell the owners son on his way out that he doesnt appreciate being called a dog by the greek and if it happens again he has a baseball bat in his car with his name on it.
- this action really only can end one way, so when 2punch arrives at work tommorow he will be greeted by the owner and a small pile of everything of his that was in the truck where he used to be employed.
If you’re not in-game get in there!
Anyone is welcome to join the Pants On Head guild unless we have booted you before for being a dick! Log into the Jubei’thos oceannic realm on the horde side and join the BOE channel. A friendly officer will quiz you and you will be rubbing shoulders with us before you know it!
Let’s talk this dungeon:
Wemb: I’ve always loved this instance. I’m partial to all the troll ones but it combines the feel of a dungeon crawl with a sandbox open air space perfectly.
What feelings/memories does coming in here conjure up?
Wemb: I think this was about when i was starting to get a handle on how to play your role in a group so all good memories.
Do you like this one? Pros/cons?
Wemb: good balance of trash and bosses. The stairs/jailbreak event is unique and pretty epic. riding in here is a novelty. The only con is that down the main corridor things can get hairy if you are careless.
How does it stand up in its current state?
Wemb: no change that i can detect from how its always been
Wemb: we’re getting a few people coming in which is really nice. not sure if its because we have put our inconsistent podcast releases behind us, or people are just thinking about how they will approach WoD
Our Raid team: Crazy Train?
We are recruiting. We have a couple of spots left.
We are still working on Garrosh – phase 3 is kicking our butts!
Any developments on your toons? Wempossible?
Wemb: only did a couple of runs this week, sitting about ¾ through 88.
Also did some stuff tanking on my DK with Temp Kai and Zooe. that was fun, i’m looking forward to learning more about tanking on one. Never underestimate how much fun deathgrip is. Meant to ask berat, was the pally we levelled together the toon you were going to run with us in that group?
Wemb:firstly and totally unrelated to anything were talking about, I’d like to say Bashiok does a great job, and I owe you one.
On a different note, Devastated yesterday as i was all excited to do my first BG on the Death Knight, and sadly it just didn’t happen. I was sad for a long time.
(As after 1hr 20 minutes of being in the queue, Zooe gave up and went to bed and Wemb did his happy dance around the kitchen – SO SAD!)
I hope that after next week I will have more time in my life and maybe just maybe I won’t feel completely brain dead and there will be time to play and explore the beta!
Now we roll off for next week- highest tanks, lowest heals, middle lives to laugh at the other two.
We have come to the end of another podcast! Thanks for sticking with us.
Leave us a review on Itunes to help keep our profile ticking along, and make sure to mail/tweet us so we can thank you!
Next week we return to take on…
Thanks as always to Berat Zooe and Kai for joining us!
Until next time, I’m Wembli