Bind On Equip
Date:23 November 2014
The podcast about World of Warcraft the way we see it and play it.
We don’t theorycraft, patronise, or bore you to death.
We will share a laugh, our experiences in and out of the game, and talk about the news we think is interesting.
If you are new to Bind on Equip….Welcome!
Buckle up cos here we go..
We’re currently running five monks through the instances old school Vanilla wow style:no heirlooms, teleporting, instaqueues, riding before 40, flying before 70, or flying in Northrend.
In the BOE cave this time around we have
as always the Wych and the lovely Tempeste,
and joining us Berat, Zooe and Kai.
So last week we did…the WOD start zone
On the grill this week, we are working through…hellfire ramparts.
lets go over the news thats caught our attention:
Our shownotes are available at www.BindOnEquip.com along with lots of cool stuff. If you would like to sponsor our show and help us with hosting costs etc there is a paypal donation link there. Listener donations keep us going and we really appreciate your help.
News, Observations, Opinion & Discussion topics:
- Allen Brack
Executive Producer, World of Warcraft
- Apologises to WoW Community
- Offers five free days as reparation.
- quality of the content does not excuse the subpar launch
- first two days of the expansion not a great experience
- high queues or significant gameplay problems.
- worked around the clock to tackle the demand issues and technical challenges,
- things started looking better on Saturday.
- we’ve expanded the new instancing tech we used to improve queues on Saturday
- continuing the process of applying that to raise the capacity of all realms again.
- result in approximately double the prelaunch capacity on each realm,
- In recognition of the difficulties adding five days’ worth of extra time to every subscription in the Americas, Oceania, and Europe that was active as of Friday, November 14.
Warlords of Draenor – Gearing Up for Heroic Dungeons
A few people having trouble getting the item level required (610) for heroic dungeons,
a few ways to grab some easy upgrades:
- several item level 610 quest rewards from Nagrand. These can randomly upgrade to epic item level 620 items.
- Proving Grounds bronze will reward an item level 610 weapon, which can also randomly upgrade to epic item level 630 or rare item level 620.
- several rare spawns that drop item level 620 rare gear.
- PvP Honor gear is item level 620: Cloth, Leather, Mail, Plate, other armor, and weapons.
- Normal dungeons offer item level 615 gear (Grimrail Depot, Shadowmoon Burial Grounds, The Everbloom, Upper Blackrock Spire)
- Apexis Crystal allow you to purchase rare item level 630 gear for 3,000 to 5,000 crystals each, which can be upgraded later for more crystals.
- The legendary quest line rewards an epic item level 640 ring from running Normal difficulty dungeons.
- There are some crafted items you can make with a Level 2 profession building. Keep in mind you can only equip three crafted items at a time.
- There are a few other options, but they are likely not accessible yet or easy for most people. These include BoE world drops, Level 100 garrison missions, and more.
Wow tops ten million accounts again!
Music in our podcast comes with permission from Aussie artist Jimi Hocking. Check it out at www.jimihocking.com We also use Mevio’s Music Alley. At music.mevio.com
Drop us a line at BindonEquip@gmail.com and let us know what you think of the show, or what you’ve been up to. You can follow the podcast on twitter at “Bindonequip”, or each of us on “thewych” “tempeste” and “wemb”
Hi you lovely people.
So I thought I would share my initial thoughts on the expansion.
The DDOS was extremely frustrating and I did suffer from 3k queues which meant a 4-5 hour wait to get in, which meant for me not getting in on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Tuesday I was at home so was able to get in and get in on the evening. It now seems to be resolved. I did notice today that we had 10 Million subscribers once more.
What I could not believe the vitriol and very badly spelt vitriol at that, mostly directed at Community Managers to the point of death threats. Can anyone actually believe that Blizzard do not want people to play, do they actually understand the shifts that the hardware guys are pulling to get resolved. These vitriolic people need to understand what efforts Blizzard made to fix this issue and there is no way any Company can prepare for a DDOS. Ok Off my soap box.
I am now in the game and loving it, the quests and the discussions you have with the NPC’s are fantastic and often hysterical. My favourite so far is the Ga’Nar quest line. when you release him from shovelling the crap (literally) he says right now if the time for payback, err but I think I’ll wash my hands first”. Absolutely comedy gold.
Candarla is now 94 and loving it, still number 2 on DPS I have completely changed my UI and am now using ELVUI, Wemb you would love it, so customisable and gives you loads of screen estate.
Getting used to riding my bike, and am now rocking at the lights, I must admit the leathers touch me in interesting places.
Well bye for now
Lots of Love
- Work blew up this week
- Previously sacked driver turns up on two way radio to taunt the guy he was sacked for harassing
- Driver still here, laughs and joins in
- Driver who was under attack goes ballistic telling the ex driver they should meet up
- Then the taunted driver and the guy who joined in arrive at the depot at the same time
- A scuffle happens outside the office
- They get taken into the office where taunter proceeds to lie about his part in it all
- Tauntee tells him be a man and tell the truth
- I would say taunters days are numbered which means I will be driving a side loader full time soon. Causing mayhem to my tv watching schedule.
If you’re not in-game get in there!
ild unless we have booted you before for being a dick! Log into the Jubei’thos oceannic realm on the horde side and join the BOE channel. A friendly officer will quiz you and you will be rubbing shoulders with us before you know it!
Let’s talk this dungeon:
What feelings/memories does coming in here conjure up?
Do you like this one? Pros/cons?
How does it stand up in its current state?
Our guild & Raid team: Crazy Train?
Wemb: Most of CT is now 100 and have been doing 5 mans to gear up. Hoping to soon start hitting Molten Core with out raid team plus guildies making up most of the numbers, then on to serious raiding.
Wemb: Something that feels like it might be fun going forward is the daily garrison quest done as a guild raid group. There’s a good guild fun feeling about heading out en masse to take it on.
- I wouldn’t like to admit how far i got into setting up my warrior to have the new gladiator spec before i realised you can’t do it until you hit 100…
- Got my silver proving grounds done on tank and dps for my monk
Wemb: downloaded the Handynotes Draenor treasures add on which marks rares and treasures on the map.
Wemb: struggling to get the 2000 gr together to go to level 3 just over halfway
wemb: done most of the normal 5 mans. really good fun.
New World PvP Zone:
Now we roll off for next week- highest tanks, lowest heals, middle lives to laugh at the other two.
We have come to the end of another podcast! Thanks for sticking with us.
Leave us a review on Itunes to help keep our profile ticking along, and make sure to mail/tweet us so we can thank you!
Next week we return to take on…Slave Pens
Thanks as always to Berat Zooe and Kai for joining us!
Until next time, I’m Wembli