Bind On Equip
Date:5th october 2014
If you are new to Bind on Equip….Welcome.
If you’re wondering what the fuss is about, we’re not sure either, We are a wow podcast, where we talk about us as wow players and how we play the game.
and now as the sun sets on Pandaria we invite you inside the game with us as we reminisce about the good and bad old days as BOE takes you both ways in the snow!
Yes we’ve assembled a team and we are working through the instances old school Vanilla wow style:no heirlooms, teleporting, instaqueues, riding before 40, flying before 70, or flying in Northrend with the twist of using the newest class to the game, Monks!
In the house this time around we have
as always the Wych and the lovely Tempeste,
and joining us Berat, Zooe and Kai.
How are we guys?
So last week we did…bfd
On the grill this week, we are working through…a once off night of looking for dungeon.
lets go over the news thats caught our attention:
Our shownotes are available at www.BindOnEquip.com along with lots of cool stuff. If you would like to sponsor our show and help us with hosting costs etc there is a paypal donation link there. Listener donations keep us going and we really appreciate your help.
News, Observations, Opinion & Discussion topics:
Warlords of Draenor – Proving Grounds
Today we are taking a look at the tweaks that have been made to the Warlords of Draenor version of proving grounds.
- A few scaling changes have been made:
- Enemies now scale based on your character’s level.
- Enemies now scale up or down based on your item level, down to a minimum of item level 615.
- These changes, along with many of the other Warlords of Draenor changes, should help specs that were previously underperforming due to having their item level scaled down in Mists of Pandaria.
- The Mists of Pandaria Proving Grounds achievements are now Legacy achievements. Be sure to finish them before Patch 6.0.2!
- A new set of identical achievements have been added for Warlords of Draenor.
- Running Heroic Dungeons through the LFD tool requires you to have the Silver achievement or better. You can still form your own group and go to the dungeon without it.
- Completing a Bronze level achievement will give you a rare item level 610 weapon, which is a nice and easy weapon to get for alts that don’t have one of the Garrosh Heirlooms, which scale to item level 620.
- A new location, new trials, and other improvements are still on the list of things that would be nice to do in a future patch.
Warlords of Draenor – Bonus Rolls
Today we are taking a look at some of the ways to earn bonus rolls in Warlords of Draenor.
With Patch 6.0.2 only a couple weeks away, don’t forget to start collecting some Lesser Charms for item upgrades or uncapped turn ins for Siege of Orgrimmar bonus rolls if you still need them. You can find other Patch 6.0 reminders in our previous post.
We looked at the first way recently with the Bunker / War Mill perk that grants you a free bonus roll every week, but there are a few other ways to earn rolls.
The second method of earning bonus rolls is the two rare garrison missions that reward them. Keep in mind these are Rare missions, so you won’t see them constantly. Rukhmar and Drov the Ruiner both reward one Seal of Tempered Fate.
The third method to earn bonus rolls are turn in quests. The second and third time you use a certain method in a week it will cost double of what it did the last time.
Apexis Crystal (1000 / 2000 / 4000) – Players can earn at 1000 per day through a type of daily quest in your garrison, another 1000 from an Ashran daily quest, along with some from work orders and other sources. These are also used to purchase armor that is upgradeable to item level 655, which is the same as Normal level raid loot.
Gold (500 / 1000 / 2000) – Keep in mind that gold is somewhat easier to earn in Warlords of Draenor, as it is taking the role of Valor.
Garrison Resources (300 / 600 / 1200) – There are many sources of Garrison Resources. Your garrison gives you some every day, missions can reward some, the Lumber Mill can provide some, and there are many other sources. After your buildings are built and upgraded, you may have spare Garrison Resources that can be used for these quests or converted into Trade Goods.
Honor Points (500 / 1000 / 2000) – Along with all of the old sources of Honor, Ashran and other PvP activities provide several new opportunities to earn Honor.
Music in our podcast comes with permission from Aussie artist Jimi Hocking. Check it out at www.jimihocking.com We also use Mevio’s Music Alley. At music.mevio.com
Drop us a line at BindonEquip@gmail.com and let us know what you think of the show, or what you’ve been up to. You can follow the podcast on twitter at “Bindonequip”, or each of us on “thewych” “tempeste” and “wemb”
Well hi you gorgeous people,
There will be champagne flowing tonight, Candarla got Loremaster in the last 10 minutes, to be honest it is totally shattering but I feel so good about it I had to mail you guys. I was a hard job but wonderful.
Next up is the Long strange trip, but not yet.
In life we have had a great time recently, been swimming in the sea (very cold) and yes there were 4 points as a result of that. Off to some short breaks and London trips, get Christmas done early!!
Claire is in Sydney at present, for would you believe 3 days, then New Zealand, then san Francisco then home, will be away for most of the rest of September and back around the 15 October. She has booked a meal out for the weekend after which is lovely.
Anyway lots of Love
was looking forward to catching up with raj- said he’d recognize him by his boner (the rose in the lapel is so old hat)
said it will enter the room well before him.
said if blizz didnt want you to skin mid fight they wouldnt have health pots in the game
name checked us as a podcast that makes her smile when she sees it in her feed!
- not sure how he feels about being dogless
- he wants the title “the crotchless” in the game
- he now has sometimes when we touch in his head
- classic Temp accusing berat of distracting her to get on the skin
- alt title for ep 236 the swearing tempeste
- brave sir berat getting a lot of blur played
- he loved that temp kicking 20ft past the group is now known as the usual
- loved the yankee rose medley wych and wemb were doing
- the one constant in wow is the crying forum dicks
- likes temps if you see me running tshirt
- liked the polish your helmet gear
- he like wemb would feel the group was turning after that much grief
- the epeen sfx nearly had his eye out
- the nose blowing sfx was very realistic
If you’re not in-game get in there!
Anyone is welcome to join the Pants On Head guild unless we have booted you before for being a dick! Log into the Jubei’thos oceannic realm on the horde side and join the BOE channel. A friendly officer will quiz you and you will be rubbing shoulders with us before you know it!
Let’s talk this dungeon:
What feelings/memories does coming in here conjure up?
Do you like this one? Pros/cons?
How does it stand up in its current state?
Our Raid team: Crazy Train?
Any developments on your toons? Wempossible?
5 days 5 hours (Hellfroze 7days 2 hours)
220 quests (1085) *70-odd dungeons in the game couple quests in each..
21k creatures killed (15k)
10k gold aquired (11.9)
170 dungeons (52)
10 gankings (118)
Now we roll off for next week- highest tanks, lowest heals, middle lives to laugh at the other two.
We have come to the end of another podcast! Thanks for sticking with us.
Leave us a review on Itunes to help keep our profile ticking along, and make sure to mail/tweet us so we can thank you!
Next week we return to take on…
Thanks as always to Berat Zooe and Kai for joining us!
Until next time, I’m Wembli