Bind On Equip
Date:19 July 2014
..the Wow podcast, where we talk about us as wow players and how we play the game.
and now as we steam toward the next expansion we take you inside the game with us as we remind ourselves how we used to play as BOE take you both ways in the snow!
Soundboard-BOE MoP Intro
Thats right we’ve assembled a team and we are working through the instances old school Vanilla wow style with the twist of using the newest class to the game, Monks!
In the house this time around we have
as always the Wych and the lovely Tempeste,
and joining us Berat, Zooe and Kai.
How are we guys?
So last week we did….Scarlet Halls
On the grill this week, we are working through…Scarlet Monastery
Music in our podcast comes with permission from Aussie artist Jimi Hocking. Check it out at www.jimihocking.com We also use Mevio’s Music Alley. At music.mevio.com
Lets go over the news thats caught our attention:
News, Observations, Opinion & Discussion topics:
Our shownotes are available at www.BindOnEquip.com along with lots of cool stuff. If you would like to sponsor our show and help us with hosting costs etc there is a paypal donation link there. Listener donations keep us going and we really appreciate your help.
- Creating opportunities for unscripted, unexpected skirmishes might seem simple on the surface, but difficult to engineer without sacrificing the unpredictable nature of these encounters.
- world PvP means no boundaries or limitations
- we decided to apply lessons we’ve learned from the Timeless Isle.
- want players to get caught up in the moment and become emotionally invested in the outcome of each new encounter
- no raid group is required to take part in the excitement, and the zone will cap out at approximately 100 players per side
- Ashran measures approximately the size of the Isle of Thunder.
- At each end of the island, separate from the conflict enveloping the isle, players will find a small sanctum of relative safety. Full-sized Horde and Alliance hubs sit behind each faction’s base, offering pretty much everything a regular city would.
- One main artery runs through the center of the zone, and it’s here Wthat you’ll engage in an endless faction tug-of-war.
- opposite endpoints, Horde and Alliance bases wait to be captured,
- you’ll be fighting for control of five additional capture points as you make your way down the lane.
- Capturing these points will push you and your faction toward the enemy base, making it possible to take the battle all the way to the opposing faction’s base.
- To effectively hamstring your opponents and hobble their efforts for a time, you’ll need to take down their General within their base. Doing so will deny the opposing faction access to their General, who serves as a Conquest vendor.
- At the central hub, the Ogre King stands. Engaging one of the bodyguards and proving your worth in combat will win the Ogre King to your faction’s side, and he will fight for you for a time. But beware! His endurance is limited, and the longer he goes undefeated, the more susceptible to damage he becomes.
- each faction will have a Resource count. Once a faction’s Resources drop to 100, they’ll get a randomly spawning Captain who will begin to fight for their side. Each time a side reaches this Resource count, a new random captain will join the fray.
Beyond the Tug-Of-War
- Around Ashran there are additional points of interest and monsters to slay.
- They offer a variety of random events which will allow players to win awards for the Horde or Alliance.
- Buffs can also be earned by killing other players or NPCs. There are currently seven POIs set around the edges of Ashran
- As you make your way around Ashran, you’ll be collecting currency from other players and from monsters you’ve slain.
- This currency can be turned in additional bonuses for your faction, such as Mage Portals or a Warlock Gateway.
- Or you can choose to summon a random—and truly epic—NPC to join in the fight.
- One losing encounter with a player of the opposite faction however can strip you of your hard-fought treasure and have it wind up in their pockets instead.
- You’ll also be able to collect zone-bound items (usable only on the island) to give yourself a little extra advantage as you take on the various challenges around Ashran.
- Ashran will also provide access to Conquest-quality gear that is unavailable elsewhere.
Building on lessons learned from the Timeless Isle and Alterac Valley, we want players who make their way to Ashran to always have something exciting to do, and to offer them a true world PvP experience. Whether your aim is to engage in PvP or take on the various points of interest, there’s bound to be something to get your adrenaline going.
Email & Tweets
Drop us a line at BindonEquip@gmail.com and let us know what you think of the show, or what you’ve been up to. You can follow the podcast on twitter at “Bindonequip”, or each of us on “thewych” “tempeste” and “wemb”
@BindOnEquip Amused by the @wemb heal cd’s when @tempeste & @kaiynn hack him off #NoHealsForYou
Any Real Life stuff to report?
Work-spent the day in another dudes truck with the sideloader on friday while mine was getting a new exhaust. It was weird. its a pretty new Iveco and everything on the dash is electronic. it kept giving me all these weird messages and i was reaching for the book to try and work out what the hell was going on. Plus i had to sort out how the stereo worked and the bluetooth hands free, so it was all very exciting.
If you’re not in-game get in there!
Anyone is welcome to join the Pants On Head guild unless we have booted you before for being a dick! Log into the Jubei’thos oceannic realm on the horde side and join the BOE channel. A friendly officer will quiz you and you will be rubbing shoulders with us before you know it!
We are currently running flex on Saturdays and Sundays aus time or Friday/Saturday nights U.S. Time and would love to include you cross realm! If you are over ilevel 500 and want in let us know on twitter or email and we’ll sort something out.
The Continuing Saga of Crazy Train?
Wemb: Paragons down! Engage Garry!
Any Main developments?
Wemb: got a ring upgrade from siegecrafter
Wemb: both my shammy and priest are at a weird stage where their gear is not what I would call great, but i have nothing left to buy with valor and dont want to spend valor improving the gear i have.
LFR or Flex action?
Wemb: Did some LFR’s on my pries on Sat and actually healed. (let Temp die a few times, of course) But on one of them i actually topped the healing- yes people thats how bad the stat of lfr is at the moment.
flex today got 3 upgrades On my way! my Druid. Good size group too
The Wempossible Dream
can Wemb level his paladin from 15-90 through pugging and gathering, no quests (except for dungeons as decreed by Rosie), no pet battling, or will he get bored and go in search of other shiny things?
Outtro: We have come to the end of another podcast! Thanks for sticking with us.
Leave us a review on Itunes to help keep our profile ticking along, and make sure to mail/tweet us so we can thank you!
The roles for next time are:
Next week we return to take on…Razorfen Kraul
Thanks as always to Berat Zooe and Kai for joining us!
Until next time, I’m Wembli