Bind On Equip
Date:25th April 2015
Today is Anzac Day in Australia and in New Zealand. On this one hundredth anniversary of the landing of the Anzac allied forces at Gallipoli we want to acknowledge everyone who has fought on our behalf, for our freedom and for the way of life we hold dear.
The podcast about World of Warcraft the way we see it and play it.
We don’t theorycraft, we don’t min-max, we don’t talk down to you.
We will share a laugh, our experiences in and out of the game, and talk about the news we think is interesting.
If you are new to Bind on Equip….Welcome, and strap in..
- Currently winding down the five monks we’ve been playing
- old school Vanilla wow style
- Currently preparing for our next project
- Something you the listener will be welcome to join in on.
In the BOE cave this time around we have
as always the Wych and the lovely Tempeste,
and joining us Berat, Zooe and Kai.
So last time we did…arcatraz
On the grill this week, we are working through…Black Morass
lets go over the news thats caught our attention:
Our shownotes are available at www.BindOnEquip.com along with lots of cool stuff. If you would like to sponsor our show and help us with hosting costs etc there is a paypal donation link there. Listener donations keep us going and we really appreciate your help.
News, Observations, Opinion & Discussion topics:
Patch preview 6.2.- lots of news about stuff going onto the ptr.
Patch 6.2 – Alt Catch Up
The devs mentioned on twitter they plan to make it a bit easier to catch up on alts in Patch 6.2.
In Patch 6.2,
- seven different weekend events that will run from noon Friday through noon Monday every week.
- Two of those events will be Timewalking weekends, in which you’ll be able to queue up for a randomly selected old-school dungeon with a new sort of “heroic” difficulty
- character’s power and gear has been scaled down
- along with scaling you down, every piece of loot in each Timewalker dungeon will scale up to an item level appropriate for use at your level.
- Over the coming weeks, we’ll test Timewalking on the PTR in the following dungeons:
The Shattered Halls
The Slave Pens
Ahn’kahet: The Old Kingdom
Halls of Lightning
- Timewalking available to characters 71 and higher for Burning Crusade content, 81 and up for Wrath of the Lich King dungeons.
- It will open up only during certain three-day-long weekend holidays.
- While Timewalking, your power will be adjusted down, but you’ll retain all of your skills and talents.
- We will also be testing additional rewards, such as a level 100 quest that rewards one Seal of Tempered Fate per weekend, so keep an eye on the in-game calendar.
Zone Unlocked: The Invasion of Tanaan Jungle
- Open-world questing with rare creatures and hidden treasures scattered throughout the zone.
- How do we get to Tanaan you ask…
Patch 6.2 – Garrison Shipyards
- Patch 6.2 adds Naval Missions to your garrison.
- there is also a new Shipyard being added
- It’s not a building and doesn’t take up any existing slots or space in the garrison.
- placed near your initial arrival point to the zone.
- unlocked by completing a short quest chain at the Iron Docks, accessible to anyone with a Level 3 Garrison.
- Vol’jin / Varian send you to the Iron Docks to recruit a Shipwright.
- collect supplies and break Roark out of a prison train
- reclaim his blueprints and return to your garrison to construct a shipyard.
- Currently 5,000 garrison resource, but that is a placeholder value.
- meet Solog at the dry docks and build a Transport ship.
- Once you have a ship, the Assault on Tanaan Jungle can begin!
New Raid: Hellfire Citadel
Hellfire Citadel stands at the heart of Tanaan Jungle, where 13 deadly bosses await you, including Kilrogg Deadeye, the monstrous Gorefiend, a reanimated Mannoroth, and Archimonde himself.
New Dungeon Difficulty: Mythic
- Draenor Dungeons now have a new difficulty level
- Mythic Dungeons are on a weekly lockout, and drop gear that’s item level 680 with a chance for boss at the end to drop loot that’s item level 700.
An evolution of the Dungeon Journal, the Adventure Guide provides information on what to see or do for the character.
Legendary Ring Quest Line
Finish the Legendary Ring!
Completing a Challenge Mode daily quest now awards item level 680 gear (up from item level 660). Ion Hazzikostas aka Watcherdev was quoted as saying “if that doesn’t get Tempeste in there, then i give up..”
The WoW Token live in the Europe game region April 21 for 20 EUR set at a starting price of 35,000 gold in the AH. From that point forward, the gold price will automatically fluctuate based on player supply and demand.
Using WoW Token with Recurring Subscription
- no need to suspend your subscription or resubscribe.
- Your recurring subscription will automatically pause when your currently period ends
- all redeemed WoW Token game time will be applied next.
- Once accumulated WoW Token game time expires, your recurring subscription will automatically pick up where it left off.
Music in our podcast comes with permission from Aussie artist Jimi Hocking. Check it out at www.jimihocking.com We also use Mevio’s Music Alley. At music.mevio.com
Drop us a line at BindonEquip@gmail.com and let us know what you think of the show, or what you’ve been up to. You can follow the podcast on twitter at “Bindonequip”, or each of us on “thewych” “tempeste” and “wemb”
If you’re not in-game get in there!
Anyone is welcome to join the Pants On Head guild unless we have booted you before for being a dick! Log into the Jubei’thos oceannic realm on the horde side and join the BOE channel. A friendly officer will quiz you and you will be rubbing shoulders with us before you know it!
Let’s talk this dungeon:
What feelings/memories does coming in here conjure up?
Do you like this one? Pros/cons?
Our guild & Raid team: Crazy Train?
Soundboard:Forum X-Files Intro
This is where we pick a particularly “special” post from forums, and discuss its merits, or lack of..
“i’m reluctantly willing to upgrade my garrison to three and build a ship yard(albeit under protest) in good faith that theres good compelling outdoor content in tanaan. if there isn’t i’ll be extremely angry, i don’t like that my characters were unwarrantedly promoted to commander w/o my consent and that garrisons are tied into everything in this expansion.
but i especially dislike Tanaan being gated behind them. so i hope tanaan has the outdoor content that ppl like myself been asking for. if not then you will get hate for forcing this idiotic feature on everybody. but in good faith blizz, i’ll dredge through the unpleasant process of getting my garrison to lvl 3 and building the shipyard. in the hopes that there be fun outdoor content in tanaan.”
The Oprah Report
Time for Wemb to bring us up to date on the exciting adventures of OprahWinfury, the battleground healing shammy, and see how he is going with the 5 targets he is trying to meet.
- BG healed for this level?
- Dungeon healed for this level?
- current zone (must swap continent with each change) quested? Durotar
- Pet captured for this level?rare Creepy Crawly
- Engineering skill (5 times player level)?
Now we roll off for next week- highest tanks, lowest heals, middle lives to laugh at the other two.
We have come to the end of another podcast! Thanks for sticking with us.
Let us know what you think of the show and any changes you’d like to see!
Next week we return to take on…
Thanks as always to Berat Zooe and Kai for joining us!
Until next time, I’m Wembli