Bind On Equip
Date:30th April 2013
Welcome to episode 198 of the Bind on Equip Wow podcast, where we talk about ourselves as wow players and how we see the game.
It’s a social podcast about us, so it you are looking for hardcore analysis, tuck and roll now!
What are the names we call ourselves? Let me tell you by introducing… the Wych!
The other slightly hotter one, (my opinion only) is Tempeste!
My name is Wembli, and this is my week..
- hilarious moment at work that demonstrated the level of intellect i deal with on a daily basis
- mister dude that was running the operations where i was delivering
- doing the ape keyboard thing
- “what the fuck is this”, “oh, this bastards leading me up the garden path” over and over
- what the fuck is a torrent anyway?
- now whats it doing? its not lookin like a movie to me..
- i ask what site are you d/loading from?
- “i dunno p1735.com or some shit
- what downloader? I dunno
- what the fuck is a magnet link?
- Well, i say, is like a multi usable…actually i cant put it into words that will mean anything to you, you just click on it.
- What movie are you trying to get?
- really? you know thats just come out in cinema right?
- so? So its gonna be a dodgy hand held camera job. I don’t get movies from torrents, but i wouldn’t get anything that isn’t a dvd or blu-ray rip, it just looks like crap.
Sum up your week ingame in a sentence:
raidin raidin raidin…..
Work- Sick of constantly trying to validate my role and work at the kinder. Trying to fight to have two days of paid pd a year. We as assistants are asking for SO much!
Home- Getting close to our trip away. We all seem to finally be recovering from the lurgy just in time. Wemb just needs some shorts and we are all set. I submitted my first assignment last week, EARLY. I hope I did ok but really I just hope I pass!! Our family schedules are now adjusting again to fit in Princess’ new job!
Sum up your week ingame in a sentence: I enjoyed some extra time in game this week and even did an extra raid.
Work- I’ve almost completely cut out caffeine (again) and with my new “it’s not me so I don’t need to accept responsibility for it” attitude at work has definitely reduced my stress levels but I went into the cafe around the corner today & asked for a decaf long black and the barista Pete just looked at me and said “you’re making me sad”
My boss & the CEO were having a meeting in the cafe while I was there so I made sure I sat a reasonable distance from them & ate my lunch & read. The CEO eventually left & my boss paid for extra coffees & chatted to Pete & Patty, the next thing Pete says “so, are you going to talk to (ME) before you leave?” I look up & my boss is coming over so I put my tablet to sleep & he asks “what are you reading?” I said “tech news feeds – this is the only time I get to read in peace” he then left. After he’d gone Pete looks at me & says “so did he catch you reading comics or did my distraction work?”
Home- Enjoyed my time off last week. Went & saw Iron Man 3 with S and 2 other people in the entire cinema. Celebrated my mum & dad’s 70th on the weekend with teppanyaki for our extended family it was nice to see some of my relatives who I haven’t seen for a long time.
Sum up your week ingame in a sentence: Apparently I’m “not a bad hunter”
News & Current Affairs:
**This just in: I need to tell people Sharon joined twitter!**
Blizzcon tix went on sale & sold out in less time than it takes Sharon to catch me slacking off on twitter during the work day
As always it raises the question: What do you do if you want to go to Blizzcon but can’t?
- Post Blizzcon podcast wrap ups
- Blog sites, twitter, facebook
- Virtual ticket
- Hang out in Anaheim
- Ebay, beg, borrow or steal
What’s with that?
Temp: Crazy Train are rocking through Heart of Fear, we are now 4/6 and working on Amber Shaper Unsok. I don’t think it will be too much longer before we move on to Terrace of Endless Springs.
Wemb: happy we decided to ignore outside pressure and work through methodically. it has allowed us to change roles and also see all the content
Temp: I sadly did not get to raid with Ironman this week, but they did very well anyway. They are now 3/4 into the Terrace.
We started a new alt raid group on Sunday night (au time). Its a bit casual and relaxed, we raid for a couple of hours and we just threw together the group on the night. It was really good fun.
Wych: Alt raiding with the Sunday night team was nice on my hunter (if only to big dog it for a bit) but I think I’ll level my S-Priest up to join that group. That and I’m sure the thing I need is another farm to keep up with
Wemb:yeah, i feel like the shammy boat has sailed for me- maybe i need to try elemental?
Temp: We managed to finally get into LFR 8 and we have actually done it twice now. I think I am learning how the first boss and the black fog works – but I have not managed to live through it yet >< We also got to do LFR 9 and we got through the first two bosses without wiping then lost half the raid and could not get a group to finish.
Pants On Head Guild.
Temp: We have had a few people return to the game and guild in the last week. Welcome back. The leader of Remedials had a birthday this week, Happy Birthday Toli.
Temp: Enjoying raiding on the shaman, but not as much as I loved the mage. But I do love where we are at and I am enjoying our raiding and LFR’ing to get valor capped each week.
Temp: Enjoying raiding on the priest as something different with a whole range of different spells. Loved spending some time on my mage this week and realised how much I miss her. Hoping to spend some more time on her this week. I have also spent some time on my rogue doing some skinning and leatherworking. Initially it was just to learn the new pvp patterns, but I am really enjoying running around on her killing tigers and turtles.
Wemb: I’ve hit the point where i have 2k valor but don’t have the rep to open up any mor Shado Pan Assault gear.
wemb: forging a lightening steel ingot everyday- 10 makes a 463 weapon, another 15 turns it into a 476, another 15=502.
S-o-o-o-o I may or may not have max leveled Archaeology on the weekend
responses to last week Wych explaining he gives the ol “sure”to stupid work questions..
PallySayce @PallySayce 20h
@BindOnEquip So, I think I’ve taken a page from @TheWych ‘s book… I find that “Sure…” Is my response to most things these days, at work.
PallySayce @PallySayce 12h
@TheWych @tempeste @BindOnEquip If the ass-hattery continues today, “sure…” Will be accompanied with a nice big mug o get fucked
Harknes @nw1411 11h
@TheWych @tempeste @pallysayce @bindonequip Just gave the boss a long drawn out ‘sure’ at some obscure request … Didn’t look impressed!!
Temp: A big shout out to Allecia, I know it is easy to doubt ourselves, especially on social medias. But Allecia really is one of the sweetest most genuine people out there and if you don’t know her, you are missing out!
We’ve come to the end of another podcast. Thanks for joining us, I’ve been wembli, always remember, its nice to be important, but its best to be Batman!
Make the world a better place! Chat next week!
- The majority of the music used in our podcast comes with permission from a great Aussie artist Jimi Hocking . Check him out and buy a slice of Aus rock for yourself at www.jimihocking.com for more info. Other music used in Bind On Equip is from Mevio’s Music Alley. There is some awesome stuff there and something for everyone. goto music.mevio.com
- The podcast is over, but it doesn’t have to end here, come to the Oceannic Jubei’thos server on the horde side. /join BOE channel for an invite to the Pants On Head guild. BoE can also now be heard on Stitcher Internet radio at stitcher.com
- To keep in touch with us, follow “bindonequip”, “thewych” “tempeste” and “wemb” on Twitter. Check out our website at www.BindOnEquip.com To contribute to our show, drop us a line at BindonEquip@gmail.com Leave us a review on Itunes to raise awareness of the show, and send us a donation on the website paypal to help us with hosting, booze and hookers.
We’re so outta here!