Bind On Equip
Date:9th May 2015
The podcast about World of Warcraft the way we see it and play it.
We don’t theorycraft, we don’t min-max, we don’t talk down to you.
We will share a laugh, our experiences in and out of the game, and talk about the news we think is interesting.
If you are new to Bind on Equip….Welcome, and strap in..
- Winding up our old school Vanilla style monks for the time being
- Getting set to embark on our next adventure
- We have made a guild of all female gnomes with pony or pigtails on Jubei’thos.
- the guild is called Pigtail Mafia
- We will be running battlegrounds on them every weekend and recording the hi jinx for your listening delight
- But don’t just listen get onboard.
- Roll a female gnome on Jubei’thos or gundrak, join BoE channel and ask for an invite.
In the BOE cave this time around we have
as always the Wych and the lovely Tempeste,
and joining us Berat, Kai and the birthday boy.. Zooe.
So last week we did…black morass
On the grill this week, we are working through…magisters terrace
Temp healing Berat tanking
lets go over the news thats caught our attention:
Our shownotes are available at www.BindOnEquip.com along with lots of cool stuff. If you would like to sponsor our show and help us with hosting costs etc there is a paypal donation link there. Listener donations keep us going and we really appreciate your help.
News, Observations, Opinion & Discussion topics:
Mystic Runesaber Mount Arrives on May 13
Patch 6.1 added the Mystic Runesaber mount, which is now finally coming to the in-game shop. The mount still appears to be classified as a ground only mount.
Patch 6.2 also introduces the Adventure Guide,
landing page of sorts for our other in-game Journals,
makes it easier than ever to find content and activities that are relevant to your character.
suggests content based on a number of factors, such as character level, item level, quest progress, achievements, and more.
fully interactive, allowing players to accept relevant quests or search for a group via Group Finder with a single click.
WoW Down to 7.1 Million Subscribers
Blizzard Q1 2015 earnings call
announcing that WoW is down to 7.1 million subscribers at the end of Q1 2015.
down 2.9 million from the Q4 2014 call that listed WoW at 10 million subscribers.
largest drop in subscriber count in the history of the game.
New Dungeon Difficulty: Mythic
Mythic Dungeons are on a weekly lockout, and drop gear that’s item level 685 (up from 680) with a chance for boss at the end to drop loot that’s item level 700.
New Ranks for Warlords Crafted Items
Crafting the new upgrade items requires Felblight (not Felblood), a new reagent that can be obtained through Fishing, Herbalism, Mining, or Skinning in Tanaan Jungle (no longer the Barn).
Faster Profession Leveling
Many level-up crafting recipes that do not require materials created through a daily cooldown have been adjusted to give more skill points.
Timewalking – Feedback (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
- queue via the standard Group Finder UI. Please use this thread for
- Timewalking intended to allow players to experience iconic older dungeons in a relevant context
- change of pace to max-level and leveling players alike
- Timewalking will not recreate nostalgic memories-it is not possible to recreate that experience without fundamentally redesigning the dungeons, and that’s not what Timewalking is about.
- At the same time, the content shouldn’t feel completely trivial, and we’re aware that right now it often does.
- The item level of rewards for scaled-down level 100 players is not final
- in general the intent is for the items to serve as catch-up gear, and not to contend with current raid gear
- The quest associated with the event will offer a reward that is attractive to raiders of all levels.
Patch 6.2 PTR – Build 19953
Build 19953 will be deployed to the PTR realms soon.
New events have been added
Pet Battle Bonus Event – While this event is active, your pets will earn experience at triple the usual rate! Get out there and battle!
Draenor Dungeon Event – While this event is active, defeating enemies in any level 100 Heroic or Mythic dungeon will award reputation with an appropriate Draenor faction.
Battleground Bonus Event -While this event is active, random Battlegrounds will award Honor at triple the usual rate. Glory awaits in the fields of battle!
Timewalking Dungeon Event – While this event is active, players level 81 or higher may access a special Timewalking Dungeon Finder queue, which scales players and their items down to revisit past dungeons from the Wrath of the Lich King expansion. While Timewalking, bosses will yield loot appropriate for a player’s natural level.
Arena Skirmish Bonus Event – While this event is active, Arena Skirmishes will award Honor at triple the usual rate. Will you answer the call to battle?
Timewalking Dungeon Event – While this event is active, players level 71 or higher may access a special Timewalking Dungeon Finder queue, which scales players and their items down to revisit past dungeons from The Burning Crusade expansion. While Timewalking, bosses will yield loot appropriate for a player’s natural level.
Apexis Bonus Event – While this event is active, Apexis Crystals multiply mysteriously, and they will be found far more often when looting enemies across Draenor that typically carry them.
Raid Finder loot was added with placeholder stats
A new cosmetic item was added: Fel-Proof Goggles
Three new heirloom rings were added as rewards of Naval Missions
Many set bonuses were updated in this build
The WoW’s 11th Anniversary achievement, Mythic Dungeon achievements, questing achievements, and a new Pepe achievement were added.
Felblood was renamed to Felblight.
Mythic missions no longer reward the extra 1000 gold
Music in our podcast comes with permission from Aussie artist Jimi Hocking. Check it out at www.jimihocking.com We also use Mevio’s Music Alley. At music.mevio.com
Drop us a line at BindonEquip@gmail.com and let us know what you think of the show, or what you’ve been up to. You can follow the podcast on twitter at “Bindonequip”, or each of us on “thewych” “tempeste” and “wemb”
Work-not one, not two, but three incidents at work!
- The big man who has had several warnings told the bouncer that he was a dumb fuck over the radio. The bouncer stormed over and climbed onto the big mans step and told him to never call him dumb again. The big man sat quietly thinking that over in his truck for quite some time.
- The grudge keeper didn’t like the Greek driving closely to him in the yard so he went to management to complain about it as it is technically against yard traffic rules. Now we have a memo that says if we fail to follow these rules we will receive a warning. The grudge keeper is not so popular.
- The cool cat, a notoriously shit driver was backing into a place where the bouncer was waiting for him and seriously fucked it up. He then jumped out and shouted at the bounced telling him it was his fault. The bouncer explained it wasn’t his fault the cool cat can’t drive for shit. The cool cat then went off his head calling the bouncer all manner of names, to the point where the customer came out and said to the bouncer, just walk away, I’ve seen what happened. He then rang management to let them know about the conduct of their employee.
fil b’day pizza time
If you’re not in-game get in there!
Anyone is welcome to join the Pants On Head guild unless we have booted you before for being a dick! Log into the Jubei’thos oceannic realm on the horde side and join the BOE channel. A friendly officer will quiz you and you will be rubbing shoulders with us before you know it!
Let’s talk this dungeon:
- Magisters terrace was the culmination of one of the most exciting aspects of Burning Crusade: the Isle of Quel’Danas.
- like the Ahn Quiraj gates, the island was a progressive zone opened up by realm wide interaction
What feelings/memories does coming in here conjure up?
Wemb: I remember how much trouble we had on a care bear server trying to get past the pvp style boss. It literally took many nights to work it out.
Our guild & Raid team: Crazy Train?
Wemb: did the full round of lfr Forge last weekend good fun, looking forward to more and also running it on alts.
Wemb: I now have my monk, rogue, warrior and Druid at 100. started working on my hunter now which is fun. Can’t bring myself to replace my undead bird. I can’t even put him away to get one of my cats out.
This is where we pick a particularly “special” post from forums, and discuss its merits, or lack of..
I don’t care about flying
I really don’t, and if you try to make this about flying I will down vote you to kingdom come.
but what I do care about is that they promised us flying in 6.1, and we don’t have it.
they lied to us.
The Oprah Report
Time for Wemb to bring us up to date on the exciting adventures of OprahWinfury, the battleground healing shammy, and see how he is going with the 5 targets he is trying to meet.
- BG healed for this level?
- Dungeon healed for this level?
- current zone (must swap continent with each change) quested?
- Pet captured for this level?
- Engineering skill (5 times player level)?
We have come to the end of another podcast! Thanks for sticking with us.
Let us know what you think of the show and any changes you’d like to see!
Next week we return to take on…
Thanks as always to Berat Zooe and Kai for joining us!
Until next time, I’m Wembli