Bind On Equip
Date:10 august 2014
If you are new to Bind on Equip….Welcome.
If you’re wondering what the fuss is about, we’re not sure either, We are a wow podcast, where we talk about us as wow players and how we play the game.
and now as the sun sets on Pandaria we invite you inside the game with us as we reminisce about the good and bad old days as BOE takes you both ways in the snow!
Yes we’ve assembled a team and we are working through the instances old school Vanilla wow style:no heirlooms, teleporting, instaqueues, riding before 40, flying before 70, or flying in Northrend with the twist of using the newest class to the game, Monks!
In the house this time around we have
as always the Wych and the lovely Tempeste,
and joining us Berat, Zooe and Kai.
How are we guys?
So last week we did…Maraudon
On the grill this week, we are working through…Uldaman
lets go over the news thats caught our attention:
Our shownotes are available at www.BindOnEquip.com along with lots of cool stuff. If you would like to sponsor our show and help us with hosting costs etc there is a paypal donation link there. Listener donations keep us going and we really appreciate your help.
News, Observations, Opinion & Discussion topics:
It looks like the Alliance Chopper may cost 100k gold. It is the only item sold by Paulie.
New Beta Build and Character Wipe
launching a new forum structure to collect new feedback. This will allow us to focus on pertinent feedback for this new build onward.
WoW Down to 6.8 Million Subscribers
- Q2 2014 earnings call
- down 800k from the Q1 2014 call that listed WoW at 7.6 million subscribers.
- over 1.5 million preorders for Warlords of Draenor.
- Hearthstone on the iPad has added millions of new users to Battle.Net.
- over 20 million copies of Diablo III sold, counting both the base game and Reaper of Souls.
- There was a decline in subscribers quarter over quarter
- disproportionately concentrated in the East
- similar to the seasonal decline experienced during the second quarter of 2012, prior to the launch of the most recent expansion later that year
10th Anniversary part 1:Tarren Mill vs. Southshore: The Rematch
- Team Deathmatch–style Battleground based on that timeless struggle.
- unlike the old days of Tarren Mill vs. Southshore, there will be a clearly defined victor, so you’ll need to work as a team or face crushing defeat.
10th Anniversary part 2:Molten Core Gets Boosted
- For the anniversary celebration, max-level players will be able to participate in a special 40-player Raid Finder version
- Downing the Firelord will earn you an Achievement and a special Core Hound mount reward
WoD release date announcement.
- world premiere of the Warlords of Draenor cinematic!
- Blizzard’s Mike Morhaime, Chris Metzen, and World of Warcraft designers Ion Hazzikostas and Brian Holinka
- streamed live from the Ace Theatre in Los Angeles
- live interview with the WoW developers
- announce the Warlords of Draenor launch date
- debut the first episode of a new animated lore mini-series: Lords of War.
- When: Thursday, August 14 at 9:30 a.m. PDT
- Where: WorldofWarcraft.com to watch the live stream
- attend** the event live at the Theatre at Ace Hotel, located at 929 South Broadway in Los Angeles. (Doors open at 8:30 a.m.)
- Live Attendee Bonus: Anyone who joins us live and in person will also receive a beta key for Warlords of Draenor.*
Music in our podcast comes with permission from Aussie artist Jimi Hocking. Check it out at www.jimihocking.com We also use Mevio’s Music Alley. At music.mevio.com
Drop us a line at BindonEquip@gmail.com and let us know what you think of the show, or what you’ve been up to. You can follow the podcast on twitter at “Bindonequip”, or each of us on “thewych” “tempeste” and “wemb”
- Mal’s prank- the tyre brander is on the fritz!
- I was a yard bitch for a day.
- We’ve got a new accelorator for the reach stacker-his name is phil
- Lachlans birthday
- Smallworld fun
- locked in a bathroom
If you’re not in-game get in there!
Anyone is welcome to join the Pants On Head guild unless we have booted you before for being a dick! Log into the Jubei’thos oceannic realm on the horde side and join the BOE channel. A friendly officer will quiz you and you will be rubbing shoulders with us before you know it!
Our Raid team: Crazy Train?
Wemb: a wonderful night spend headbutting Garrosh over and over.
Any Main developments?
Wemb: Can’t explain why but i dusted off my hunter for the first time since hitting 90. Looked up the BM rotation to freshen up, got my undead bird of prey out of his cage and had a run in the isle.
LFR or Flex action?
Wemb: after shamefully admitting i hadnt been in the last few weeks i spent quite bit of time in there.
- garrisons (both) far more impressive than last i saw
- rolled an Arms warrior and couldn’t fill my bars after the pruning. had a run around tho and never felt like i was waiting for something to light up
- rolled an Ele shaman and did a horde garrison event where you get over run. It felt epic and went for ages. I died a couple of times. the only issue i had was that you have some truly monsterous guards that surround and protect you which is great but they were crowding me and i couldnt see my toon or the mobs i was trying to hit.
- the new map ui is very useful, and i like that it goes transparent if you have it small and start riding.
- I was reading they are going to incorporate a feature where the map will show you questlines you havent started but are eligible for, which will be a great feature for casual players or noobs like me that miss great chunks of game
The Wempossible Dream
can Wemb level his paladin from 15-90 through pugging and gathering, no quests (except for dungeons as decreed by Rosie), no pet battling, or will he get bored and go in search of other shiny things?
Outtro: We have come to the end of another podcast! Thanks for sticking with us.
Leave us a review on Itunes to help keep our profile ticking along, and make sure to mail/tweet us so we can thank you!
Next week we return to take on…Dire Maul
Thanks as always to Berat Zooe and Kai for joining us!
Until next time, I’m Wembli