Bind On Equip
Date:28th September 2014
If you are new to Bind on Equip….Welcome.
If you’re wondering what the fuss is about, we’re not sure either. We are a wow podcast, where we talk about us as wow players and how we play the game.
and now as Pandaria saddles up and rides off into the sunset, we invite you inside the game with us as we reminisce about the good and bad old days as BOE takes you both ways in the snow!
Yes we’ve assembled a team described by Miley Cyrus’ publicity team as poorly thought out, and we are working through the instances old school Vanilla wow style:no heirlooms, teleporting, instaqueues, riding before 40, flying before 70, or flying in Northrend with the twist of using the newest class to the game, Monks!
In the house this time around we have
as always the Wych and the lovely Tempeste,
and joining us Berat, Zooe and Kai.
How are we guys?
So last week we did…sunken temple
On the grill this week, we are working through…black rock depths
lets go over the news thats caught our attention:
Our shownotes are available at www.BindOnEquip.com along with lots of cool stuff. If you would like to sponsor our show and help us with hosting costs etc there is a paypal donation link there. Listener donations keep us going and we really appreciate your help.
News, Observations, Opinion & Discussion topics:
New Feature Incoming – Undelete Character
- Not Characters under level 10 and Death Knights at level 55
- Characters 10 -29 you have 90 days.
- Characters 30 – 49 you have 120 days.
- characters level 50 and above are eligible can be undeleted at any time.
- you can only be able to use the undelete option once every 30 days.
- Undeleting a character restores all of its enchantments, gems, and items fully intact.
- deleted character names will be held for a limited time
- the original creator can reclaim it for use on a new character during that time.
- Any new character with the same name as one of your deleted characters must be renamed, transferred, or deleted to complete the restoration of the original.
Kotaku has a nice article on what they know about Titan.
- MMO set in the future on Earth after an alien invasion with a very large world
- Three factions trying to control the planet.
- Do less interesting professions during the day while secretly fighting alongside your faction if you choose to do so.
- Team Fortress, Starcraft II, and The Incredibles all named in comparisons.
- Player run businesses and shops, families, relationships with NPCs, advanced AI that made it feel more like a living world
Siege of Orgrimmar Heirlooms
- Once Warlords of Draenor releases, Heirloom weapons from Siege of Orgrimmam will be removed from Garrosh’s loot table.
- Truesteel Reshaper 2 sec cast. Reagents: Truesteel Ingot (100). Tools: Blacksmith Hammer. 10), True Iron Ore (10). Tools: Blacksmith Hammer.
- Blackrock Rifling 2 sec cast. Reagents: Gearspring Parts (200), Sorcerous Earth Air (40), Savage Blood (15). Tools: Blacksmith Hammer.
- Didi’s Delicate Assembly 1.5 sec cast. Reagents: Gearspring Parts (10). Tools: Gyromatic Micro-Adjustor. True Iron Ore (5), Blackrock Ore (5). Tools: Gyromatic Micro-Adjustor.
- Linkgrease Locksprocket 1.5 sec cast. Reagents: Gearspring Parts (150), Sorcerous Air Fire (30), Savage Blood (15). Tools: Gyromatic Micro-Adjustor.
- Morden’s Magnificent Contraption 1.5 sec cast. Reagents: Gearspring Parts (200), Sorcerous Water Air (40), Savage Blood (15). Tools: Gyromatic Micro-Adjustor.
- Glorious Crystal 5 sec cast. Reagents: War Paints (200), Sorcerous Fire (40). Tools: Virtuoso Inking Set. Earth (40), Savage Blood (15). Tools: Virtuoso Inking Set.
- Glyph of the Shapemender Name Changed from Shapemender to Glyph of the Shapemender
- Inferno Tarot 5 sec cast. Reagents: Light Parchment, War Paints (150), Sorcerous Fire (30). Tools: Virtuoso Inking Set. War Paints (150), Sorcerous Water (30), Savage Blood (15). Tools: Virtuoso Inking Set.
- Molten Tarot 5 sec cast. Reagents: Light Parchment, War Paints (200), Sorcerous Fire (20), Sorcerous Earth (20). Tools: Virtuoso Inking Set. War Paints (200), Sorcerous Earth (40), Savage Blood (15). Tools: Virtuoso Inking Set.
- Mystical Crystal 5 sec cast. Reagents: Light Parchment, War Paints (150), Sorcerous Water (40). Tools: Virtuoso Inking Set. War Paints (150), Sorcerous Water (30), Savage Blood (15). Tools: Virtuoso Inking Set.
- Volatile Crystal 3.5 sec cast. Reagents: War Paints (10). Tools: Virtuoso Inking Set. Cerulean Pigment (5). Tools: Virtuoso Inking Set.
- Greater Taladite Amplifier 1.5 sec cast. Reagents: Taladite Crystal (200), Sorcerous Earth (40). Tools: Jeweler’s Kit. Air (40), Savage Blood (15). Tools: Jeweler’s Kit.
- Taladite Amplifier 1.5 sec cast. Reagents: Taladite Crystal (150), Sorcerous Earth (30). Tools: Jeweler’s Kit. Savage Blood (15). Tools: Jeweler’s Kit.
- Taladite Recrystalizer 1.5 sec cast. Reagents: Taladite Crystal (3 10), True Iron Ore (10). Tools: Jeweler’s Kit.
- Burnished Essence 2 sec cast. Reagents: Burnished Leather (150), Sorcerous Water (30), Savage Blood (15). Earth (30), Savage Blood (15).
- Leather Refurbishing Kit 2 sec cast. Reagents: Burnished Leather (5), Raw Beast Hide (10). 10), Raw Beast Hide (10).
- Greater Hexweave Essence 2 sec cast. Reagents: Hexweave Cloth (200), Sorcerous Water (40), Savage Blood (15). Air (40), Savage Blood (15).
- Hexweave Embroidery 2 sec cast. Reagents: Hexweave Cloth (5), Sumptuous Fur (10). 10), Sumptuous Fur (10).
What is so good about these items in beta?
- Some allow a 640 crafted item to have it’s secondary stats re-rolled
- Some allow a 640 crafted item to be upgraded to 655
- Some allow a 655 crafted item to be upgraded to 665
Music in our podcast comes with permission from Aussie artist Jimi Hocking. Check it out at www.jimihocking.com We also use Mevio’s Music Alley. At music.mevio.com
Drop us a line at BindonEquip@gmail.com and let us know what you think of the show, or what you’ve been up to. You can follow the podcast on twitter at “Bindonequip”, or each of us on “thewych” “tempeste” and “wemb”
Tempeste: Encouraged people to give live feedback in case Snowdog could give his usual report due to being on holidays
MattieF: grumbled about the spoilers this could cause
Grimroc: was concerned about the title Runta Bunta seabomb and queried whether he should head to urban dictionary for clarity
Snowdog: cheered that he had Turkish Wifi, which sent me to urban dictionary to make sure it wasnt a social disease.
Gromroc: got to the end and declared Runta Bunta OH MY!
Snowdog then settled in for the following report:
- the quiet dog at the start was noted
- 5 minutes and the “you havent seen boobs” meant the other guests poolside would be forming the same opinion of insanity as his workmates.
- dropbear ref made him shudder- he has heard tales before.
- 13 min- first wildstar ref- should it have its own segment? *editors note-perhaps a wildstar drop-in?
- loved the return of the douche canoe
- was curious at the nek minnut refs
- Declared his passion for all kinds of pillows esp the fun ones
- Began penning a brave sir Berat did bravely run away ditty
- Never thought he’d hear that our cat may have a penis pump, which also caused the poolside guests to point and stare at him again
- He enjoyed the answer to “why is Wych doing weird things.” Where I once again proved the simplest explanation is the best with “have you met him?”
- He enjoyed me digging up one of the graves in zf much to the dismay of Kai
- He vows to get a 70 for our Kara run *editors note- this now makes our potential second five: Zooe, Snowdog, Grimm and Steve Hamner has expressed interest.
- Enjoyed Kai’s Caio fuckers sign off & the cbomb blooper
- In a restaurant in Turkey and “sometimes when we touch” starts playing, snow bursts out laughing nearly starting an international incident
Wingstar- loved temp telling Kai to enjoy the pillow
Turwinkle- interviewed temp for his women of Warcraft series, which she really enjoyed so make sure you all check that out on YouTube.
Wych- explained to Elden that his deleted toons go into the dead-to-me folder and thus are not recoverable.
Work- I am on holidays, although I have been studying. One assignment down and another started – trying for two more before the end of the holidays.
Home- Holidays – too much going here there and everywhere for me!! I need more pj days in my holidays.
Work- 1 of the busiest days of the year at work this week – we even had the lovely Sharon in to cook lunch for everyone! Having come from a very conservative industry prior to my new role I admit I am struggling with a few things like: Wildly Inappropriate Tuesday which included a conversation I walked through in the middle of the call floor that included the phrase “so I showed them my tits”, Highly Racist Wednesday & my personal favourite – What the fuck is wrong with you people Friday!
Home- I’m off to Melbourne the week for work which means while the kids are on school holidays I am on a junket….er…working in the cold dark big city.
Work-even with time off, my boss was on leave, and with the owners running the asylum the usual happened and I worked a shambolic 25 hours in two days and a Saturday. They couldn’t organise a shag in a brothel.
Home- had three days off starting in a night away with T and ending with Angus birthday. Nice little break. Very relaxing.
Special mention to a cool toon name i saw today and made me giggle- A frost mage called “Nipsicles” from the guild <makes me moist>. Hats off to you! i told them i was going to mention and they said they would check out the podcast.
If you’re not in-game get in there!
Anyone is welcome to join the Pants On Head guild unless we have booted you before for being a dick! Log into the Jubei’thos oceannic realm on the horde side and join the BOE channel. A friendly officer will quiz you and you will be rubbing shoulders with us before you know it!
Let’s talk this dungeon:
Temp: BRD: I know parts of this dungeon really well from attunement runs. But there are other parts that I have seen only a couple of times and so have no idea how to get to them or even what they were for. It is a massive massive instance and if you just use LFD you will never know or appreciate its size and epicness. It remains pretty much untouched I think but Berat would have a better idea.
Wemb: I really enjoy brd. It’s a confusing sandbox. Really challenging. Like temp I don’t know it well except for the mc attune net rat run.
Wych: This was one of the real open feel dungeons for me – there was no real set sequence and you could do various quests in 1 section without going to another. It also contains 1 of my all time favourite memories
What feelings/memories does coming in here conjure up?
Temp … dare I even mention the sprint out the window? Lots of attunement runs through here … lots and lots and lots …
Wemb: I remember us pulling loads and loads of adds by accident and some memorable wipes. I really used to like the prison section as it had a story to work through.
Wych: It contains 1 of my all time favourite memories which is crouching on a ledge with Wemb as Temp’s rogue sprints out a window over our heads & drops into the abyss ending in lava
Do you like this one? Pros/cons?
I like it but it was tooo big in its day. Sad that attunement is gone – they were fun runs.
Wemb: I liked it but it scared me.
Wych: plenty of options for epic pulls which also means plenty of options to die horribly and there was very little chance to run out. At level I remember you needed a rogue to open certain gates which made being a rogue really good at level
How does it stand up in its current state?
Wemb: Its one of the few where they have only included a little of it for lfg but left the rest alone.
I was thinking about sunken temple after last week and the could have left it untouched but just put you in the bottom floor with it opened up for lfg without ruining it.
Wych: Right now it’s fun to run just to cruise & kill
Guild is fun as always. I got some lovely feedback from Turwinkle about these runs and our guild when I was interviewed by him for his part 2 of Women or Warcraft.
Our Raid team: Crazy Train?
Our raid team has barely seen a raid. Tranith went away and has somehow managed to cause all sorts of disruptions to our line up and game night. We did flex on Monday night and we had Vern, Sin and Naxx raiding with us. We did the last quarter and got Garrosh to 11%. We were dealing with the adds in phase 3 MUCH better so looking forward to next Monday night. Thursday night, all oceanic realms were having massive latency issues so we had to cancel – I thought it improbable to be able to cope with 2.5k latency as a healer!
Wemb: It was a fun challenge to have a go at tanking Garosh for the first time.
Any developments on your toons? Wempossible?
Wemb: Only a couple of wempossible runs dues to time constraints- blizzard continues to mock me by forcing me to drag clueless fuckwits through shadow pan monastery. This week I had to tell a hunter that if he wasn’t going to take growl off his spider could he at least start marking targets. Then we get to the final boss and mid fight his spider runs back to the bridge to grab all the mobs we avoided on the way in.
Now we roll off for next week- highest tanks, lowest heals, middle lives to laugh at the other two.
We have come to the end of another podcast! Thanks for sticking with us.
Leave us a review on Itunes to help keep our profile ticking along, and make sure to mail/tweet us so we can thank you!
Next week we return to take on…
Thanks as always to Berat Zooe and Kai for joining us!
Until next time, I’m Wembli