Bind On Equip
Date:29th June 2014
..the Wow podcast, where we talk about us as wow players and how we play the game.
and now as we steam toward the next expansion we take you inside the game with us as we remind ourselves how we used to play as BOE take you both ways in the snow!
Thats right we’ve assembled a six person team and we are working through the instances old school Vanilla wow style with the twist of using the latest class to the game, Monks!
In the house this time around we have
as always the Wych and the lovely Tempeste,
and joining us Berat, Zooe and Kai.
How are we guys?
So last week we did… Wailing Caverns
On the grill this week, there has been a change, two amongst us couldn’t help themseves and have levelled to 20. Namely Wych and Berat. We were to do Shadowfang Keep which has an entry level of 16, now pointless. To rectify this i have made the executive decision that this week berat will step out and wych will tank while we travel to Blackfathom Deeps (level 20) and do that, then next week, because there is minimal travel involved, wych will stand out while Temp tanks Stockades and then Temp will stand out while Wych tanks Gnomer. Hopefully that will set us right level wise.
Music in our podcast comes with permission from Aussie artist Jimi Hocking. Check it out at www.jimihocking.com We also use Mevio’s Music Alley. At music.mevio.com
Lets go over the news thats caught our attention:
News, Observations, Opinion & Discussion topics:
Our shownotes are available at www.BindOnEquip.com along with lots of cool stuff. If you would like to sponsor our show and help us with hosting costs etc there is a paypal donation link there. Listener donations keep us going and we really appreciate your help.
Alpha grows up and becomes Beta.
- next step is to stress test the Assault on the Dark Portal intro experience
- character wipe
- also testing their ingame character copy feature for NA accounts
- as usual even though they stressed that they are pushing their system to the limits and fully expect massive problems and that that this is still very much a beta, the bitching started from the moment the post went out.
Warlords of Draenor – Heirloom Tab Delayed
- won’t make it for the launch of Patch 6.0.1.
Garrison Building Specializations Changed
It looks like the building specializations mentioned in the Garrison Preview blog post will now be part of the building perks.
Mumper:”…we just recently decided against specs. We took the coolest ideas and wrapped them into the building perks.”
Interesting Drama Around Faction Hubs
- Mumper tweeted that Karabor and Bladespire will no longer be our Draenor capital hubs.
- Instead- ‘outposts with vendors’ on the outskirts of Ashran, the PVP zone, similar to how the Shrines in MoP are arranged across from each other.
Lore then posted on forums to clear up their thinking:
- the story is about us fighting for our survival on someone elses turf
- yes weve made alliances but they are helping us not vice versa
- therefore our bases are our hubs, not the cities of our allies, although we are welcome to be there and explore them.
- the bases not part of the pvp zone, though they are sitting in there
- made some major improvements to the way PvP flagging works on non-PvP realms that removes “accidental flagging” Unless you manually flag yourself by typing /pvp, you will simply not be able to attack enemy players, or heal friendly players who have flagged themselves.
- They’re populated with guards, and the only land-based entrance is directly through the Ashran world PvP zone (including a major fortress). It’s certainly possible for someone from another faction to attack it, but it’s not any easier to do so than it is to attack the enemy faction’s shrine in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
- There will be a fast travel option between the staging areas and your Garrison.
Email & Tweets
Drop us a line at BindonEquip@gmail.com and let us know what you think of the show, or what you’ve been up to. You can follow the podcast on twitter at “Bindonequip”, or each of us on “thewych” “tempeste” and “wemb”
Any Real Life stuff to report?
Work- some excitement through the week with the gale force winds- a container dehire park has moved in next door to our depot and on tuesday several 4 tonne containers blew off the stacks they were on and fell down. one onto a car that a guy working behind our yard used to own.
Home-Having a week off work and looking forward to going away with temp.
the great chilli cooking continues- i now have 3 litres of very hot chilli in the freezer for my exclusive use and 5 litres for the rest of the family. Might be time to try some chicken based recipes!
trying to go for a walk and play a board game or cards with the kids and get one house style thing achieved each day.
Also have a weigh-in for the diet i’m doing at the end of the week so i’m reminding Temp that bedroom aerobics is excellent cardio for when we are away!
If you’re not in-game get in there!
Anyone is welcome to join the Pants On Head guild unless we have booted you before for being a dick! Log into the Jubei’thos oceannic realm on the horde side and join the BOE channel. A friendly officer will quiz you and you will be rubbing shoulders with us before you know it!
We are currently running flex on Saturdays and Sundays aus time or Friday/Saturday nights U.S. Time and would love to include you cross realm! If you are over ilevel 500 and want in let us know on twitter or email and we’ll sort something out.
The continuing saga of Crazy Train?
Wemb: with Tranith one of our tanks down for the count internet style, i had to tank which went ok. We breezed through Malkorok and worked on spoils for the rest of the night coming perilously close.
Temp and i take on the math boss first as we try to balance the dps between the two groups. I feel like i have a solid method tanking this encounter. I go the two buff boxes first, when one dies i open a large, medium, medium, large, medium, medium and try to always have a small mob up at the same time. this seems to balance difficulty and speed.
Anything exciting with your Mains?
Any Alt developments?
LFR or Flex stories?
The Wempossible Dream
can Wemb level his paladin from 15-90 through pugging and gathering, no quests (except for dungeons as decreed by Rosie), no pet battling, or will he get bored and go in search of other shiny things?
Outtro: We have come to the end of another podcast! Thanks for sticking with us.
Leave us a review on Itunes to help keep our profile ticking along, and make sure to mail/tweet us so we can thank you!
Next week we return to take on…
Thanks as always to Berat Zooe and Kai for joining us!
Until next time, I’m Wembli