Bind On Equip
Date:27th Feb 2015
The podcast about World of Warcraft the way we see it and play it.
We don’t theorycraft, we don’t min-max, we don’t talk down to you.
We will share a laugh, our experiences in and out of the game, and talk about the news we think is interesting.
If you are new to Bind on Equip….Welcome, and strap in..
We’re currently running five monks through the instances old school Vanilla wow style:no heirlooms, teleporting, instaqueues, riding before 40, flying before 70, or flying in Northrend.
In the BOE cave this time around we have
as always the Wych and the lovely Tempeste,
and joining us Berat, Zooe and Kai.
So last week we did…steam vaults
On the grill this week, we are working through…shadow labs
Wemb tanking, temp healing.
lets go over the news thats caught our attention:
Our shownotes are available at www.BindOnEquip.com along with lots of cool stuff. If you would like to sponsor our show and help us with hosting costs etc there is a paypal donation link there. Listener donations keep us going and we really appreciate your help.
News, Observations, Opinion & Discussion topics:
Patch 6.1 Live This Week
- New Blood Elf Models – The updated models are finally here!
- New Character Model Tweaks – The Night Elf male run animation was finally changed.
- Heirloom Tab – The Heirloom tab is finally here!
- Heirloom Item Changes and Upgrades – Item upgrades are back for Heirlooms.
no upgrades- level 60.
1 upgrade-level 90.
2 upgrades-level 100.
Old heirlooms upgraded to scale to level 85 are grandfathered in with 1 upgrade level.
- New Neck Heirlooms – The new neck slot heirlooms provide a heal on a 2 minute cooldown.
- Heirloom Achievements and Mount :Collecting 35 heirloom items- A new 60% mount usable from Level 1 and some achievements are part of the heirlooms update.
- Heirloom Prices – Heirloom prices have been adjusted and some new heirlooms added.
- Twitter Integration – Link a Twitter account and tweet selfies.
- E.L.F.I.E – The most useful garrison mission reward: A selfie camera that can be upgraded to add filters.
- Follower Changes – Harrison Jones, a new legendary follower, and more!
- Mission Changes – Profession missions, Archaeology missions, BRF missions, and Relic Hunter missions are just some of the new missions added.
- Garrison Resource Changes – Scavenger was nerfed, new items added to the vendor, and a new source of garrison resources were added.
- Work Order / Building Changes – Faster work order completion, more useful buildings, and other quality of life changes.
- Garrison UI Changes – The default UI has a few basic Master Plan features now.
- Garrison Jukebox – The ability to change your garrison’s music and another collection minigame all in one.
- Misc Garrison Changes – Friends now have a reason to visit your garrison, including daily quest givers, platinum invasions, and raid bosses.
- New Apexis Gear – If you have the crystals, the vendors have some item level 670 armor for you!
- Profession Changes – Stage 4 crafted items, crafting spells that bypass the daily cooldown, and a Savage Blood transmute are a few of the changes.
- Graphical Updates – Better SSAO, MSAA is back, SSAA has been added, and nicer lighting.
- New Loading Screens – Garrisons finally get their own loading screens.
- Veteran Accounts – Your characters under level 20 can log in and join your guild even without an active subscription.
- New Toys – Along with the new toys, several items were flagged as toys so that they can be added to the Toy Box.
- Mystic Runesaber Mount – The Mystic Runesaber ground mount will be purchased from the in-game shop.
- Colorblind Support – Differentiating colors should be a little easier for those with colorblindness now.
Music in our podcast comes with permission from Aussie artist Jimi Hocking. Check it out at www.jimihocking.com We also use Mevio’s Music Alley. At music.mevio.com
Drop us a line at BindonEquip@gmail.com and let us know what you think of the show, or what you’ve been up to. You can follow the podcast on twitter at “Bindonequip”, or each of us on “thewych” “tempeste” and “wemb”
- Snow listened at work for the first time in a while. We’re sorry…laddies.
- He loved the timey wimey ref to the fact that we recorded 250 before 249
- There was discussion about the title for 250, some opting for a kick in the nuts, some wanting a safety dance reference.
- Bugger welcomed the wych back and any reference to barrels of any sort
- He also said bless you out loud when temp sneezed in 249 then laughed for a good five minutes.
- Sayce the satchel inspired by upcoming 250 re listened to the drunken icc run
- Wingy loved the our lives tales in 249, which kicked of a tv discussion somehow ending in a plea for us to start doing Cable Wasteland again..
- Vern loved 250
- Snowdog then started on his 250 listen which he declared was a tupping classic
- 16 minutes in the safety dance drop ins are coming thick and fast and he’s doubled over trying to laugh silently
- 29 min and he’s loving one to the nuts
- The crickets comment was an homage to billy Connelly
- He loved the Tupperware ref when the tupping was discussed
- He thought my matching of temps bohemian rhapsody to the real one was gold
- When he heard his temp is drunk when she says it’s not in, oh yes it is, he had to go to a meeting with tears of laughter still on his cheeks
- He laughed so much at Kealar not noticing the action button that he has declared listening to Boe is exercise.
- Call from hip pocket dude
- You got work boots in January
- Been a mix up
- Great feedback from Lewlew and Lewtoo (her sister) about the podcast. Lewtoo did actually call Lewlew a noob in my car about the whole look at me look at me, no in real life thing. So boe- bringing families together as always.
- finally played Diablo 3 with Temp and our youngest son on Xbox. great fun.
- Foo fighters
If you’re not in-game get in there!
Anyone is welcome to join the Pants On Head guild unless we have booted you before for being a dick! Log into the Jubei’thos oceannic realm on the horde side and join the BOE channel. A friendly officer will quiz you and you will be rubbing shoulders with us before you know it!
Let’s talk this dungeon:
Wemb: this one felt really hard originally.
really hard trash pulls
What feelings/memories does coming in here conjure up?
Wemb: epic time for fun experiences, running back over and over.
Do you like this one? Pros/cons?
Wemb: pro’s really challenging, felt pretty epic, lots of funny moments. con’s could be hard and could take a while if you weren’t on top of it
Our guild & Raid team: Crazy Train?
Wemb: missed both nights of raiding this week after a pretty successful few nights
Wemb: took my blood elves in to the barbers with the new looks. very unhappy with the male- predicting i may never come out of shadow form again
New World PvP Zone:
Now we roll off for next week- highest tanks, lowest heals, middle lives to laugh at the other two.
Berat-772+33 = 805
We have come to the end of another podcast! Thanks for sticking with us.
Leave us a review on Itunes to help keep our profile ticking along, and make sure to mail/tweet us so we can thank you!
Next week we return to take on…Shattered Halls
Thanks as always to Berat Zooe and Kai for joining us!
Until next time, I’m Wembli