Bind On Equip
Date:24th jan 2015
The podcast about World of Warcraft the way we see it and play it.
We don’t theorycraft, we don’t min-max, we don’t talk down to you.
We will share a laugh, our experiences in and out of the game, and talk about the news we think is interesting.
If you are new to Bind on Equip….Welcome, and strap in..
We’re currently running five monks through the instances old school Vanilla wow style:no heirlooms, teleporting, instaqueues, riding before 40, flying before 70, or flying in Northrend.
In the BOE cave this time around we have
as always the Wych and the lovely Tempeste,
and joining us Berat, Zooe and Kai.
So last week we did…escape from durnholdt
On the grill this week, we are working through…sethekk halls
lets go over the news thats caught our attention:
Our shownotes are available at www.BindOnEquip.com along with lots of cool stuff. If you would like to sponsor our show and help us with hosting costs etc there is a paypal donation link there. Listener donations keep us going and we really appreciate your help.
News, Observations, Opinion & Discussion topics:
World of Warcraft Patch 6.1 PTR
Last updated: 01-23-2015
New Character Models: Blood Elf
- Blood Elves overhauled
- increase to fidelity and texture resolution
- retaining the core look and feel of the originals.
- Characters can now send Tweets for items, achievements, and screenshots from within the game client using the /share command.
- enabled by accessing a new social settings pane to add or remove a Twitter account.
New Heirloom Collections Tab
- tier system to denote the maximum level that the item scales up to.
- New neck slot Heirlooms are now available and allows the character to cast a heal once a minute. This heal shares a cooldown with potions and Healthstones.
- Vendors in Stormwind (Alliance) and Undercity (Horde) now sell Heirlooms for gold.
Alternate methods for obtaining Heirlooms
- Darkmoon Faire (Darkmoon Prize Tickets.)
- Argent Tournament sells tier-1 and tier-2 Heirlooms for Champion’s Seals.
- Some world events now sell either tier-2 and tier-3 Heirlooms for currency obtained through the event.
- Collecting all heirloom items awards a special mount usable by level 1 characters.
Garrisons, Followers, and Outposts
- New Garrison Visitors
- One of five new visitors may visit each day offering a quest to anyone that visits the Garrison.
- Defeat a dungeon boss: Awards a bag with a chance to contain a level 630, 645, or 655 item token.
- Defeat a raid boss (weekly quest): Awards a bag with a chance to contain a level 645, or 655 item token.
- Bounty (intended for 3 or more players): Defeat a named elite NPC for a bag containing Apexis Crystals, and a chance to contain a level 645, or 655 item token.
- Relic: Complete a series of quests to recover a relic for a bag containing Apexis Crystals, and a chance to contain a level 645, or 655 item token. Completing a relic mission unlocks it as a potential mission for your followers. Completing all 6 relic missions will unlock Harrison Jones as a follower!
- Profession: Turn-in tradeskill reagents for Primal Spirits and work order tradeskill reagents.
- For the Pet Battlers out there, there’s a separate chance for an additional visitor offering unique Pet Battles with a chance to award a bag containing Pet Battle items and new Battle Pets.
Summon a Raid or World Boss
- Players may find an item while completing a Bounty, Relic, Dungeon, or Raid daily quest from the Garrison visitor that that allows them to summon one of six new raid or world boss in the Garrison.
- Summoned raid or world bosses have scaling health and is intended for 10-40 players.
New Garrison Music Box
- Players can assemble a music box allowing them to play music in their Garrisons.
- Pieces for the music box can be found as a reward from new Bounty or Relic Missions.
- New songs can be collected from throughout the world to expand your music library.
New Garrison Vendor
- A new vendor has been added allowing players to use Garrison Resource to purchase items to upgrade Followers, or items that can be used to spawn a rare mission.
New Follower Trait: Treasure Hunter
- Treasure Hunter trait increases the amount of gold rewarded from a mission.
- New Profession Missions are now available on upgrading a profession building to level 3. Successfully completing these missions award an item that allows instant completion of work orders.
- Players can unlock Relic and Bounty missions for their followers by completing the corresponding Relic or Bounty quest offered by one of the random daily new visitors to the Garrison.
- New exploration missions are available to players with a skill of at least 1 in Archeology. Successfully completing these missions can award Archeology fragments, keystones, or treasure maps for a Draenor zone. Treasure maps obtained in this manner does not require quest achievement completion for the Draenor zone.
- Archeology Vendors in Stormshield and Warspear now sell an item that’ll spawn a follower exploration mission for 5 Restored Artifacts.
- New Level-100 Scouting missions to a Battlefield now awards an item that grants access to missions that award Apexis Crystals.
- New Raid missions to Blackrock Foundry are now available for a cache that awards level 665, 680, or 695 items.
- New follower missions have been added that can award gold, Apexis Crystals, Savage Blood, or Augmentation runes.
- Missions that go over 100% completion chance now awards a bonus to the base XP.
- Level-100 Garrison resource missions now award more Garrison Resources.
- Scavenger trait for Followers now increases Garrison Resources gained from a mission by 100% (down from 200%).
Follower Mission UI Improvements
- all sorts of improvements- cosmetic
- Garrison Buildings
Garrison Work Order Changes
- Work orders now check if a follower is assigned to the building every 4 hours when factoring in production bonuses.
- Followers assigned to work at a building now receive XP for each work order that they provide a production bonus on.
- NPCs that accept Work Orders are now titled as such along with a new interaction cursor to make them easier to locate.
- Savage Blood now drops more frequently when a follower is assigned to the building (it didn’t affect the chance previously).
- Caged creatures now stack to 1000 (up from 20).
- A vendor at the Barracks now sells an item that allows a character to shrink their Bodyguards for 60 minutes.
- Fishing Shack
- You no longer catch bait in your Garrison. However, Nat Pagle (Level 3 Fishing Shack) will give you any of the standard baits if you ask nicely.
- Miner’s Coffee no longer has a stack limit, is now bind on pickup, and has a sell price. It now has an exclusive category so it cannot be applied multiple times by splitting it into different stacks. However, the aura can now correctly stack up to 5 times.
- Preserved Mining Pick no longer has a stack limit, is now bind on pickup, has a sell price, and offers a bonus even if you have the Peon’s Mining Pick.
- Reduced the difficulty of quests to unlock the Menagerie, elite pet challenges, and pet battle daily quests.
- Trading Post
- Trading Post no longer requires Garrison Resources to build or upgrade.
- Some merchants have started accepting Crescent Saberfish Flesh as payment.
- Garrison Invasions
- Players that have performed above-and-beyond expectations for a Gold rating while defending their Garrisons from an invasion can now attain a Platinum rating. Platinum rating awards a level 660 item and a chance at obtaining an item that can be used to summon a raid or world boss.
- Tertiary Stats for Avoidance, Speed, and Leach now provide about four times as much benefit per stat point.
- Legendary Ring Quest Line
- A new epic follower awaits those that complete the latest chapter in the Legendary Ring Quest Line!
World Environment and Events
Flight Path Improvements
- Improved logic used for connecting flight paths. Players are now able to fly through flight points that they have not discovered yet if it’ll result in a more direct flight path to a destination point.
- A button has been added for characters in the middle of a flight to get off at the next known flight point.
Added two mailboxes in around the Black Market near Ring Of Blood in Nagrand.
The Darkmoon Faire have added an exciting new racing event with opportunities to obtain new unique prizes!
New achievements and rewards have been added to the Darkmoon Tonk Challenge and Darkmoon Ring Toss.
New battle pets have been added to Black Temple, Caverns of Time: Hyjal Summit, and Sunwell Plateau along with a new achievement, Raiding with Leashes III to collect them all. Completing the achievement to collect all the new Battle Pets will award a Naaru pet.
Level 100 characters with a Tier-3 Garrison will now receive an item in the mail that increases a single Battle Pet’s level to 25.
Dungeons, Raids, and Scenarios
Personal loot mode received quality-of-life adjustments. Bosses that can be looted now have a custom graphical effect. Popup notifications from looting a boss have also been revamped.
Increased the item level of gear awarded from completing daily Challenge Mode quests to 660 (up from 640).
Ashran’s queuing system received substantial changes to reduce wait times.
Battlegrounds and Arenas
Bonus Honor received from winning a Battleground should now correctly convert into XP for characters that are below level 100.
Harvesting from Draenor Mining and Herbalism nodes should now provide more experience points. Previously, only True Iron nodes were providing the correct amount of XP.
New recipes have been added to create items that boost the item levels of crafted armor pieces to 680 and weapons to 670..
Alchemists can now transmute for Savage Blood and various Sorcerous elements.
Alchemists can now craft an upgradable alchemy trinket.
Crafted shields no longer counts towards the limit on Unique-Equipped: Warlords Crafted items.
Characters now receive a treasure maps in the mail for completing storyline achievements for a Draenor region.
Griftah now sells a variety of transmogrification items for Dingy Iron Coins. In addition, he now sells a Rogue-specific toy, Barrel of Bandanas. Barrel of Bandanas spawns a barrel that gives players that use it a random visual bandana buff for 30 minutes.
New Death Recap Screen
When a character is killed, a new screen now shows more information on what killed you.
Music in our podcast comes with permission from Aussie artist Jimi Hocking. Check it out at www.jimihocking.com We also use Mevio’s Music Alley. At music.mevio.com
Drop us a line at BindonEquip@gmail.com and let us know what you think of the show, or what you’ve been up to. You can follow the podcast on twitter at “Bindonequip”, or each of us on “thewych” “tempeste” and “wemb”
Allecia hit us up on twitter:
- shes doing a catch up of the podcasts from recent back to where she left off “The curious case of BOE Button?”
- she disagrees with some of our stance on flying and wanted it in 6.1
- she misses flying on her druid for farming, and seeing her pretty flying mounts and flying to arch nodes and hates fighting her way to mining and flowers.
- she loves that we use a drive doc for our xmas wish list and does the same
Work-had the pleasure of temp driving to work with me 3 times during the week so she could have my car while hers got fixed. so for a few days she actually became a wow podcast listener (the instance, wow insider)
Home-loving being a pool owner. nice to jump in just to cool off and get out again without commiting to driving somewhere or whatevs
-also i have to report my excitement that Chol is coming back to wow!! Ive also told him that he cant back out now, because i am mentioning it on the podcast and that makes it a press release.
If you’re not in-game get in there!
Anyone is welcome to join the Pants On Head guild unless we have booted you before for being a dick! Log into the Jubei’thos oceannic realm on the horde side and join the BOE channel. A friendly officer will quiz you and you will be rubbing shoulders with us before you know it!
Let’s talk this dungeon:
What feelings/memories does coming in here conjure up?
Do you like this one? Pros/cons?
Our guild & Raid team: Crazy Train?
i really want to finish Nagrand on a toon so i can see the cinematic for it- i know what happens, but Temp doesnt and i want to see it with her.
action in my garrisons has slowed considerably. I’m feeling like its time to get going on other toons and time to get pugging etc. I feel like i need a new challenge and want to start putting together ideas to incorporate zooe’s challenge and customise it into something that stimulates me, but i want to level some other toons first.
New World PvP Zone:
once again i have been unable to pick up my garrison campaign. been in and around my garr, and been to ALL the campaign areas. no dice
Now we roll off for next week- highest tanks, lowest heals, middle lives to laugh at the other two.
Berat-701+86 = 787
We have come to the end of another podcast! Thanks for sticking with us.
Leave us a review on Itunes to help keep our profile ticking along, and make sure to mail/tweet us so we can thank you!
Next week we return to take on…steamvaults
Thanks as always to Berat Zooe and Kai for joining us!
Until next time, I’m Wembli