Bind On Equip
Date:6 July 2014
..the Wow podcast, where we talk about us as wow players and how we play the game.
and now as we steam toward the next expansion we take you inside the game with us as we remind ourselves how we used to play as BOE take you both ways in the snow!
Thats right we’ve assembled a six person team and we are working through the instances old school Vanilla wow style with the twist of using the latest class to the game, Monks!
In the house this time around we have
as always the Wych and the lovely Tempeste,
and joining us Berat, Zooe and Kai.
How are we guys?
So last week we did…Blackfathom Deeps
On the grill this week, we are working through…Stockades and Gnomeregan
Music in our podcast comes with permission from Aussie artist Jimi Hocking. Check it out at www.jimihocking.com We also use Mevio’s Music Alley. At music.mevio.com
Lets go over the news thats caught our attention:
News, Observations, Opinion & Discussion topics:
Our shownotes are available at www.BindOnEquip.com along with lots of cool stuff. If you would like to sponsor our show and help us with hosting costs etc there is a paypal donation link there. Listener donations keep us going and we really appreciate your help.
Heart of the Valorous Returns for the Weekend
Heart of the Valorous buff returned for the weekend, both in the US and EU.
Siege of Orgrimmar should be testable, including Mythic difficulty, and should be open throughout the Beta period.
Feats of Strength for clearing Siege will stop being available in 6.0, instead of when Draenor unlocks because they’re erring on the side of converted SoO feeling a bit easier than it does in 5.4.
Making changes to older encounters if it’s needed for players to retain the ability to solo raid content from previous expansions.
Blue posts putting the beta process into perspective:
- there’s a ton of iteration that happens, much of which never sees the light of day on live retail servers
- betas are not a sneak preview or an advertisement – they are a genuine invitation to join us as we wrap up the development and refinement of our game
- This sort of experimentation on our part happens all the time internally
- The nature of our class design process is that we work on live data, right alongside quest content, encounter content, and everything else that gets added into each build
- just because something shows up in “official” Beta patch notes does not mean it’s going to be in the official patch notes when Warlords actually goes live
Cross-Faction Auction House in Warlords of Draenor
Blizzard confirmed in a very short blue post that Auction House will be merged between Horde and Alliance in Warlords of Draenor.
Warlords of Draenor – Guild Leveling Removed
- current plan for Warlords to effectively remove guild leveling -think of it as all guilds are automatically level 25
- Many perks can just be rolled into default behaviors
- we’re keeping conveniences like faster mount speed, instant guild mail, Mass Resurrection, etc., as exclusive benefits to all guilded players
- We’re removing the Cash Flow perk in Warlords.
- We recognize guilds need ways of financing their costs, and we will offer alternative, and more lucrative, options for doing so in Warlords (for example, bringing back some Bind on Equip epic drops in raids).
Email & Tweets
Drop us a line at BindonEquip@gmail.com and let us know what you think of the show, or what you’ve been up to. You can follow the podcast on twitter at “Bindonequip”, or each of us on “thewych” “tempeste” and “wemb”
@BindOnEquip Ep 223: Leave it to @zooexhibit to think to “come in the back way.” #supriz
If you have not done so…be sure to tune into episodes 222 and 223 of @BindOnEquip! Wonderful stuff! Had a ball listening to this!
Any Real Life stuff to report?
Work-still on holidays, back to the grind tomorrow
Home-had a great break away with Temp through the week, nothing like watching tv from the comfort of the spa.
If you’re not in-game get in there!
Anyone is welcome to join the Pants On Head guild unless we have booted you before for being a dick! Log into the Jubei’thos oceannic realm on the horde side and join the BOE channel. A friendly officer will quiz you and you will be rubbing shoulders with us before you know it!
We are currently running flex on Saturdays and Sundays aus time or Friday/Saturday nights U.S. Time and would love to include you cross realm! If you are over ilevel 500 and want in let us know on twitter or email and we’ll sort something out.
The Continuing Saga of Crazy Train?
wemb: cleared Spoils & Thok the Bloodthirsty last monday, then reset and cleared up to and including Nazgrim on Thursday which is probably our best single night of progress.
we’ve also started discussing our composition and plans for wod
Any Main developments?
wemb: continue to put gear together for my elemental set on my shaman.
Also been playing around on my cat form with my druid which is kinda fun.
LFR or Flex action?
The Wempossible Dream
can Wemb level his paladin from 15-90 through pugging and gathering, no quests (except for dungeons as decreed by Rosie), no pet battling, or will he get bored and go in search of other shiny things?
Wemb: ding 83!
Doing Vortex pinnacle, mage kept pulling everything.
I whisper the pally healer “this mage is a dick!”
Pally whispers back, “the mage is me.”
I whisper back “then stop being a dick and pulling everything!”
After that we wiped and he left.
We have come to the end of another podcast! Thanks for sticking with us.
Leave us a review on Itunes to help keep our profile ticking along, and make sure to mail/tweet us so we can thank you!
Thanks as always to Berat Zooe and Kai for joining us!
Until next time, I’m Wembli